The APSRTC - Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation is a public road transport service run by the state government. It is headquartered in the city of Vijayawada. Serving all the major places in many states including Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Telangana, Orissa, APSRTC ticket booking provides a hassle-free and comfortable experience. Also from a safety and affordability point of view, APSRTC bus booking has been a reliable travel mode since last 75 years.
Bus Services by APSRTC
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation not only provides regular bus services but also deals with chartered services. Customers can book buses for weddings, leisure, trips, etc. Special pilgrim services to places like Tirupati, Tirumala, Vijayawada, Annavaram, Draksharamam, Mantralayam, Puttaparthi, Shirdi, Simhachalam, Srisailam, etc. can also be booked using APSRTC online booking.
How to Book APSRTC Tickets on ixigo
- APSRTC online bus ticket booking can be done using ixigo travel app or its website.
- Customers can use any payment mode (Credit cards/ debit cards/ netbanking) to book tickets.
- Customers can carry their mobile tickets after the booking gets confirmed. In case of any query, ixigo customer support is always available and is just a call away.
- All online transactions on ixigo.com are safe.
- Customers can also check bus routes, timings, price details, arrival & departure timetable on ixigo.
APSRTC Bus TypesAPSRTC provides seamless and comfortable bus services in a number of categories:
- APSRTC Amaravathi / Garuda Plus Bus: These are high-end experience, multi-axle luxury buses made by Mercedes-Benz, Volvo and Scania. It consists of reclining seats, calf rests, LED TV, etc. The additional services include water bottles, facial wipes and blankets, etc. These buses are run on the popular routes such as Hyderabad to Vijayawada.
- APSRTC Vennela AC Sleeper/ Garuda: These are the most expensive bus services operated by Vennela. These sleeper buses look like a first-class train. Amenities include an LED TV with a huge movie library for each bearth. Travellers are also provided with water bottles, blankets and facial wipes during the journey.
- APSRTC Indra Buses: Ashok Leyland, Tata and Eicher’s Chassis are included in Indra type buses. It provides Super Luxury to Premium services and covers most of the major cities and capitals.
- APSRTC Super Luxury/ Ultra Deluxe/ Express: Connecting all the major cities, these buses (Super Luxury/ Ultra Deluxe) are non-air-conditioned with video coaches and 2+2 push back seats. Express buses have 3+2 services with non-air-conditioned coaches.
- Water bottle, blanket and TV are available in APSRTC Amaravathi, Garuda Plus, Volvo Scania Multi Axle and Indra buses.
- APSRTC Super Luxury/Deluxe/ Express buses are non-air-conditioned buses with (2+2) push back seats.
APSRTC Bus Pass InformationAPSRTC provides various bus passes and free passes to students. Below are the details -
- Student General Bus Pass: Concessional tickets are available for students. Students can move on a bus with no distance restriction. These tickets are offered in two broad categories- Monthly concessional ticket for Rs.130 and Quarterly concessional ticket for Rs.390. Students who study under full time course are only eligible for these passes.
- Student Monthly Route Bus Passes: These passes are available in city buses of Vijayawada in five slabs - 22 kms, 18 kms, 12 kms, 8 kms, and 4 kms. The tariff of these passes is for 4 kms it is Rs.130, 8 kms Rs.160, 12 kms Rs.195, 18 kms Rs.225, 22 kms Rs.265
- Krishnaveni Bus Pass: This would be useful for the students who travel more than suburban limits. After crossing the suburban limits, for every 2 kms, the cost would be Rs.35 per month.
- Free Bus Pass: Free travel passes are provided by APSRTC for students to travel from residence to school and school to residence. The facility was given once for the whole year. The scheme is applicable for boys students whose age is less than 12 yrs.
- Special General Bus Pass: These passes are issued to students of professional courses and similar to other student passes, the only difference is fare amount. These tickets are offered in two broad categories - Monthly concessional ticket for Rs.210 and Quarterly concessional ticket for Rs.630.
- Physically Handicapped Bus Passes: Free travel passes are provided to blind, deaf, dumb, mentally retarded and physically challenged passengers in bus services operating in urban and semi-urban areas. In rural areas, only 50% concession is provided in normal fare.
Popular Routes of APSRTCSome of the major bus routes are as following:
Features of APSRTC Buses
- All the buses run by APSRTC are provided with air suspension and wide seats for better comfort.
- The entertainment facilities (movies, videos, audio) on the bus makes the journey even more enjoyable.
- Travellers are also provided water bottles, blankets, facial wipes, etc. Apart from these features, no noise, no jerks and enough space for luggage make the travel experience a comfortable one.
What are the concessions given by APSRTC?APSRTC provides a number of concessions for senior citizens, students and other travellers. Some of major benefits are as following:
- CAT stands for ‘Concessional Annual Travel Card’. It is valid for all types of services except for the city services.
- If you have a ‘Concessional Annual Travel Card’, then you can avail 10% concession during the travel itself while paying for the fare.
- Travellers can avail 10% concession for the return journey fare in the routes of Hyderabad to Vijayawada ,Tirupati, Bangalore, Kakinada, Amalapuram, Vijayawada to Tirupati and Hyderabad,Kurnool to Vijayawada, Tirupati, Bangalore, Chennai. Kakinada to Hyderabad. Kadapa to Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Bangalore to Hyderabad, Adilabad to Hyderabad and Amalapuram to Hyderabad. Tirupati to Vijayawada, Hydearabad.
- Travellers can purchase the CAT card at all the major bus stands and depots.
- CAT card concession facility can also be availed by APSRTC online bus booking.
Q. Is there an age limit for half ticket passengers in APSRTC?
Q. I didn’t print my e-ticket. Can I still board my APSRTC bus?
Q. Can APSRTC bus ticket details be updated after my booking is complete?
Q. What steps can passengers follow to recover a lost ticket?
Q. What ID proofs are accepted while travelling with APSRTC?
Q. Can an APSRTC bus e-ticket be transferred?