APSTS Online Ticket Booking and Bus Routes:
How do you book APSTS bus tickets online?
- An APSTS ticket booking can be completed online using the ixigo app or website.
- Passengers can check updated APSTS bus routes, timings, ticket prices, bus pass info and timetables with ease on ixigo.
- All online payment modes (netbanking/UPI/credit card/ debit card) are accepted for bookings.
- Once the booking is processed, passengers must save their e-ticket or M-ticket on a mobile device and produce it at the time of boarding.
- Got any queries? ixigo customer support is here to help. Contact us via a 24x7 chat, on our dedicated helpline, or via email.
APSTS bus typesThe APSTS provides the following bus services for affordable online bookings:
- Semi Deluxe:Designed for long-distance travel, these buses have toughened windows, 44 2x2 seats with luggage space below, and an entertainment screen.
- Standard: These buses ply on local, intrastate as well as interstate routes. They have high-back 2x3 seating, and some are fitted with heating systems.
- Xylo: A unique service among bus operators, these 7-seater air-conditioned cars are provided for long and local routes.
- Tata Sumo: Just like the Xylo service, the Sumo cars ply on local and long routes on ordinary fares, and have a passenger capacity of 8.
Semi-deluxe buses have extra luggage space, mobile and laptop chargers, and a 21-inch TV and CD player for passenger entertainment. Standard buses, owing to their cheaper fares, do not have additional amenities apart from comfortable seating and heating systems.
For an economical travel experience, passengers can opt for bus passes that offer discounts on travel within Arunachal Pradesh. For a detailed explanation, see the ‘APSTS bus pass information’ topic further below.
Features of APSTS buses
APSTS buses have toughened windows, plush high-back seating, branded air conditioners, electronically controlled engines and amenities (listed in the previous section) that make them perfect for long distance travel across mountains and valleys.
Apart from the usual bus features, Xylo and Tata Sumo car seats booked under the APSTS allow passengers to make use of luggage racks, spacious and comfy seating, music systems and seatbelts. These cars are ideal for replacing buses on remote or narrow routes in the state.
The Arunachal Pradesh State Transport Services (APSTS) was established on December 5, 1975 with just two buses operating from Khonsa (Tirap district) to Naharkatia in Assam. Fast forward to 2021, and the APSTS now has 280 buses travelling on 119 routes.
Navigating across mountains, plateaus and forests in this hilly state is a challenge that the APSTS met with the motto of “providing safe, regular, reliable and economical” bus services to the average citizen. As of today, almost all district headquarters and important administrative centres have been connected with the far-flung corners of Arunachal Pradesh.
Bus services by APSTSThe APSTS operates 15 main stations in the districts of Arunachal Pradesh, along with 7 sub-stations. It offers interstate bus services to Assam, Meghalaya and Nagaland. Apart from the 280-strong bus fleet, the APSTS also operates 30 Xylo and 44 Sumo services from most stations.
To keep up with modern technology and passenger demands, this operator plans to expand in the following areas:
- Running luxury buses enabled with GPS tracking, AC and other amenities.
- Operating cargo services to distribute goods and essential items to remote areas.
- Providing concessional cards to students and government employees.
- Offering free travel passes to the differently abled or special persons, with allowance for one escort.
- Transporting of postal mail.
APSTS bus pass informationWhile making an APSTS ticket booking, passengers can choose from 4 bus pass categories:
- Monthly Concessional Pass: Offers 50% concession on tickets (plus courier charge). All passengers may apply for this with a valid photo ID. Pass validity is for 1 month.
- Employee Pass: Offers free tickets to APSTS employees and their family (plus courier charge). Departmental ID cards are required to obtain this pass.
- Divyang and Special Pass: Offers free tickets to differently abled persons and those registered as Special Persons in Arunachal Pradesh. Availing this pass requires an ID card issued by a special authority. Its validity is for 1 year.
- Government Pass: Offers free tickets (plus courier charge) to MLAs, ex-MLAs, MPs and freedom fighters of Arunachal Pradesh. A departmental ID card is required for this pass, and the validity period is for 1 year.
What are the concessions given by APSTS?
The APSTS offers free travel for differently abled and special persons; government employees (MLAs/ex-MLAs/MPs) and freedom fighters; and APSTS employees. It also offers a 50% concession on bus travel for passengers using a monthly concession pass. Apart from this, children below the age of 5 can travel for free on APSTS buses if they don’t occupy a seat.
APSTS Booking FAQs
Q. Is there a child ticket option in APSTS buses?
Q. Can I travel on an APSTS bus without a printed ticket?
Q. Could I change my APSTS ticket details after completing my booking?
Q. What identity documents do I need while travelling with the APSTS?
Q. Is the APSTS bus e-ticket transferable?
Q. I lost my APSTS bus ticket. How can I get another copy?
Q. Can I track my APSTS bus online?
Q. Does the APSTS have a current booking option?