ASTC Online Booking and Bus Routes:For a comfortable bus journey, passengers can make their ASTC bus booking online, using ixigo app. These are the popular ASTC bus routes to choose from:
How to book ASTC bus tickets online?
- ASTC online bus ticket booking can be done using ixigo travel app or its website.
- A customer can use payment modes like credit cards, debit cards and net banking to book tickets.
- A customer can show their ticket on the mobile after the booking is confirmed. In case of any query, ixigo customer support will provide all help to the customers.
- All online transactions on ixigo.com are 100% safe.
- A customer can also check bus routes, timings, price details, arrival & departure timetable on ixigo.
ASTC Bus TypesASTC provides seamless and comfortable bus services in several categories:
- AC Seater: This air-conditioned bus type has a 2 + 1 seating plan.
- Volvo: AC seaters from Volvo ensure travellers a comfortable bus ride without the hassle of any changes in terrain and road conditions.
- Non-AC Seater: This bus type has push-back seats to make even the shortest of bus journeys comfortable.
- Airport Bus: This special ASTC bus connects the city of Guwahati to the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport with several routes covering areas such as Adabari, Bharalumukh and Nepali Mandir.
Assam State Transport Corporation or ASTC offers a safe and comfortable journey to the passengers. All its buses have important travel amenities to make the journey safe, comfortable and memorable.
Kindly note: The list of amenities offered by ASTC might differ depending upon the type of bus and accommodation booked by a passenger. The buses with more amenities have a higher fare compared to those with a simple set of amenities.Here are the amenities that one can expect while travelling from an ASTC bus.
- Reclining seats
- Blankets and pillows
- Reading lights
- Charging points
- Emergency exits
- 24/7 call centre support
- Glass-breaking hammers
Features of ASTC Buses
ASTC buses are known for providing a pleasant passenger experience without hiking up ticket prices. Safety, hygiene and comfortable recliner seating are mainstays under this operator. Travellers also appreciate the entertainment options and spacious sleeper berths on offer.
Assam State Transport Corporation was constituted under Road Transport Corporation Act 1950 and was established on 31st March 1970. It came into effect from 16th January 1948 as “Road Transport, Assam” under the home department. In the early part of 1950, it was transferred to the Transport Department of the Government of Assam. It continued till it became a Corporation with effect from 31st March 1970. It is headquartered in Guwahati but has several divisional offices in Nagaon, Jorhat, and Tezpur among other towns.
Bus Services by ASTC
In rural and urban areas, ASTC has 135 stations and 3 inter state bus terminals across the state with a fleet of more than 1100 buses with another fleet of more than 1200 private owned buses operated under the banner of ASTC. The fleet covers rural and hilly routes, highways, and city roads within the state of Assam. It also provides transportation services to several neighbouring states.
The ASTC has undertaken a promise which fulfils one of the UN sustainable development Goals. In particular, ASTC aims in providing access to safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable transport systems for all kinds of travellers. It also hopes to enhance road safety by expanding public transport with special attention to the needs of vulnerable groups, children, women, the elderly and people with any disabilities.
Additional services under the ASTC include:The state of Assam is home to several holy pilgrimage sites that travellers from all over the country flock to. Here are some of the more popular ones that one can board an ASTC bus to:
- Kamakhya Temple
- Navagraha Temple
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib
What are the concessions given by ASTC?Fare concessions are provided to these following categories of passengers by the ASTC:
- For pilgrims (Dharmajyoti Scheme) - 75% concession
- For girl students - 35% concession
- For boy students - 30% concession
- For senior citizens (people older than 60 years) - 40% concession
- For people from the mass media - 80% concession
- For freedom fighters - 100% concession
- For Divyangjans: Disability of 40% or above - 100% concession, disability of 80% and above- 100% concession for one assistant/helper and Divyangjan.
ASTC Bus Booking FAQs
Q. What is the age limit for a half ticket passenger in ASTC?
Q. I forgot to print my ASTC bus E-Ticket! Can I still board the bus?
Q. Can bus ticket details be changed while booking with ASTC?
Q. What ID proofs are required to be carried along while travelling with ASTC?
Q. Is the ASTC bus e-ticket transferable?
Q. How can I track my ASTC bus online?
Q. Does ASTC have a current booking option?
Q. I have lost my ASTC bus ticket. What do I do?