BMTC Online Booking and Bus Routes:These are the popular BMTC bus routes to choose from:
|Electronic City to Brigade Road||Majestic to Wonderla||Jayanagar to MG Road|
|Shoppers Stop to Bannerghatta||Sarjapur to MG Road||Wonderla to Majestic|
How to book BMTC bus tickets online?
- BMTC bus booking can be made using the ixigo app or ixigo website.
- You can check the BMTC bus routes, timings, price details, arrival as well as departure timetables conveniently on ixigo.
- You can use any online payment mode of your choice (credit card/ debit card/netbanking/UPI) to book tickets.
- In case of any query, ixigo customer support is always available with a 24x7 chat system, along with a dedicated customer helpline and email-ID.
BMTC Bus TypesThe BMTC provides comfortable and on-time bus services in the following categories:
- Blue buses: These BMTC buses provide ordinary services under the JNNURM scheme and come with low floors and LED boards.
- Suvarna: These BMTC buses have the LED route display-board facility. They are silver in colour with a pink lining and the fares for this service is similar to the ordinary buses.
- BMTC Pushpak: These are dark-coloured buses that provide a slightly premium service. They have a single door and may run with or without conductors. The fares of this service are equal to the Suvarna buses.
- BMTC Vajra: These hi-tech, low-floor, air-conditioned BMTC buses run regularly on normal routes.
- BMTC Vayu Vajra: These Volvo buses, operational on the airport routes, can be identified by the ‘BIAS’ logo on their route display boards.
- Atal Sarige: These low-cost BMTC buses come with single seats along the windows and LED display, along with a tri-color on the bus outside.
- Marcopolo: These AC buses are operational on the routes not covered by the Volvo buses.
- Big 10: These BMTC buses connect the major neighbourhoods of Bengaluru. They have green colouring with the ‘Big10’ logo.
- Big Circle: These BMTC buses run on the Outer Ring Road(ORR) of the city with a distinct ‘BigCircle’ written all over.
BMTC buses provide amenities based on bus type and ticket price. This operator typically includes air conditioning or a fan, emergency exits, reclining seats, fire extinguishers, window curtains, etc., depending on the type of bus service.
Features of BMTC Buses
BMTC buses provide a safe and pleasant way to commute in and around the city of Bengaluru with budget-friendly ticket prices. Safety, hygiene and comfortable seating are the most important features on offer by the BMTC. BMTC buses provide economic and comfortable rides to travellers in order to make their daily commute easier.
The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) operates the public transport bus services in the city of Bengaluru, Karnataka. BMTC was established in 1997 as a after splitting with the KSRTC. BMTC boasts of the biggest number of Volvo buses operated by any public transport provider in India.
BMTC primarily operates out of 34 minor stations throughout Bengaluru. These are BTM Layout, Malleshwaram, Yelahanka, K.R.Puram, Basaveshwanagar, Kumarswamy layout, Kadugodi, Kalyan Nagar, Nandini Layout, Yelahanka, Electronic city, Nagarabhavi, Kavalbyrasandra, Sri Vidyanagar, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Vidyaranyapura, Bidadi, Chikkamarenahalli, Jeevanbhimanagar, Chandra layout, Viveknagar, Austin Town, Chikkalasandra, RPC Layout, Chennammanakere Achukattu, Pillanagarden, Muneshwara block, Vishweshwaraiah Layout, Surya city, Tavarekere, Leggere, Hesaraghatta, Bharathinagar and Laxmi Devi Nagar.
Bus services by BMTC
The BMTC offers various types of bus services in Bengaluru. These include Airport, Regular, Ladies Special and Air Conditioned Bus services among several others. The BMTC connects almost every major part of Bengaluru and its adjoining suburban areas with a fleet of more than 6500 buses.
BMTC Bus Pass informationCheck the complete BMTC bus pass information below:
- Ordinary Day Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel within operational limits throughout a calendar day (0000 hrs to 2400 hrs ) in all B,TC non-AC services.
- Vajra Gold Day Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel within operational limits throughout a calendar day (0000 hrs to 2400 hrs) in all BMTC services except Vayu Vajra and Bangalore Rounds.
- Ordinary Weekly Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel within operational limits throughout 7 days in all non-AC services.
- Ordinary Service Monthly Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel in all non-AC BMTC services of BMTC for a calendar month.
- Senior Citizen Ordinary Service Monthly Pass: This is a concessional commuter pass facility extended by the BMTC to citizens aged 60 years and above. It offers 10% rebate and unlimited travel in all non-AC services of BMTC for a calendar month.
- Vajra Gold Monthly Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel in all services except Vayu Vajra, Bangalore Rounds and special services.
- Vajra Student Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel in all services except Vayu Vajra, Bangalore Rounds and Special services.
- Pushpak Dedicated Premium Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel in all BMTC non-AC buses and a few Pushpak Dedicated Premium services.
- Midi Dedicated Premium Pass: This pass allows unlimited travel facility in all BMTC non-AC services and a few Pushpak Dedicated Premium services.
What are the concessions given by the BMTC?
The BMTC provides bus fare concessions to students and senior citizens in the majority of their bus services. Along with this, travellers are provided with a host of budget-friendly daily, weekly, monthly and even long-term premium passes as per their requirements.
BMTC Bus Booking FAQs
Q. What is the age limit for a half ticket passenger in BMTC?
Q. I forgot to print my BMTC bus e-ticket. Can I still board the bus?
Q. Can bus ticket details be changed while booking with BMTC?
Q. What ID proofs are required to be carried along while travelling with BMTC?
Q. Is the BMTC bus e-ticket transferable?
Q. I have lost my BMTC bus ticket. What do I do?
Q. How can I track my BMTC bus online?
Q. Does BMTC have a current booking option?