HRTC Online Booking and Bus Routes:The Himachal Road Transport Corporation or HRTC owns a giant fleet of buses with about 3,100 buses as part of its fleet. Also, these buses by HRTC are usually full as they operate on busy routes. So, it is advisable to make the HRTC booking well in advance.
ixigo has recently acquired AbhiBus, a popular bus booking portal. You can enjoy the same, feature-packed experience of booking HRTC bus tickets on AbhiBus.
Here is a list of some of the most popular travel routes for which one can make HRTC online booking.
ixigo app or website.
How to book HRTC Bus Tickets online?
- HRTC online bus ticket booking can be done using ixigo travel app or its website.
- A customer can use payment modes like credit cards, debit cards and net banking to book tickets.
- A customer can show their ticket on the mobile after the booking is confirmed. In case of any query, ixigo customer support will provide all help to the customers.
- All online transactions on ixigo.com are 100% safe.
- A customer can also check bus routes, timings, price details, arrival & departure timetable on ixigo.
Discounts & Offers on HRTC Bus Ticket BookingCheck the latest deals on HRTC bus tickets on the ixigo offers page and get the best deal on your booking. Another advantage of booking HRTC bus tickets on ixigo is that you can avail exclusive offers from e-wallets and several leading banks. Here you can find the latest bus tickets offers and coupons codes for your bus booking on ixigo.
The current bus offers on HRTC bus ticket booking by ixigo are:
- Save up to ₹500 on HRTC bus bookings: Use coupon code BUS500 and get flat 6% upto ₹500 ixigo money on your HRTC bus ticket booking. Note: No minimum booking amount required!
- Save FLAT 15% on your first bus booking: Book your HRTC bus using coupon code NEW15 and get flat 15% upto ₹200 ixigo money on your booking. Note: No minimum booking amount required!
HRTC Bus TypesHRTC provides seamless and comfortable bus services in several categories:
- Volvo Buses
- Isuzu Buses
- Deluxe Buses
- Non-AC Sleeper buses
- Electric buses
- Semi- Deluxe Buses
- Ordinary Buses
- A/C Sleeper Buses
- Seater Buses
Bus AmenitiesThe Himachal Road Transport Corporation or HRTC offers a safe and comfortable journey to the passengers. All its buses have important travel amenities to make the journey safe, comfortable and memorable.
Kindly note: The list of amenities offered by HRTC might differ depending upon the type of bus and accommodation booked by a passenger. The buses with more amenities have a higher fare compared to those with a simple set of amenities.
Here are the amenities that one can expect while travelling from a HRTC bus.
- First Aid Kits
- Charging points
- Hand rest
Facts about HRTC
- HRTC has more than 1957 buses.
- HRTC has its corporate office at Shimla and 4 divisional offices at Shimla, Mandi, Hamirpur and Dharamshala.
- Children less than the age of 5 years are allowed to travel free without providing any seat. Children of age 5 years or above and less than 12 years are charged half of the fare.
- E-ticket is non-transferable. The tickets can be used for travel by the person whose name is indicated in the e-Ticket.
The Himachal Road Transport Corporation also known as HRTC started during the time of independence and was jointly formed by the Government of Punjab, Government of Himachal Pradesh and Railways as Mandi-Kullu Road Transport Corporation in the year 1958 to operate in two states, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh. Later, the corporation was merged with the Himachal Government Transport on 2nd October 1974 and was renamed as Himachal Road Transport Corporation or HRTC. HRTC booking can be easily made on the ixigo app. HRTC ticket booking provides an easy and comfortable experience. Also from a safety point of view, HRTC bus booking has been a reliable travel mode since many years.
HRTC also maintains an excellent reputation with passengers. They are known for their punctuality, hygiene and staff behaviour. The Himachal Road Transport Corporation or HRTC is taking important steps to improve the service which caters to the needs of the passengers and also to provide better comfort, safe, quick and reliable services. One can easily make HRTC online booking using a trusted service provider like ixigo.
Bus Services by HRTC
The Himachal Road Transport Corporation or HRTC connects major destinations like Kullu, Manali, Kangra, Dharamshala, Chamba, Delhi, Shimla, Chandigarh, Mandi, Bilaspur, Ambala, etc. At present, it operates in almost 2,850 routes. HRTC online booking are also available for passengers to make booking simpler.
HRTC Bus Pass Information:The Himachal Road Transport Corporation or HRTC does not implement any subsidy programmes. However, it provides free and confessional travelling facilities to several sections of the society as under:
- For government schools, colleges & Government aided colleges students: Allowed concessional travelling facility against a payment of 10 single fares per month.
- For students of private and convent schools: Allowed concessional travelling facility against a payment of 40 single fares in a month.
- For government and PSU employees: Allowed concessional travelling facility against a payment of 30 single fares upto a distance of 50 km in a month.
- For cancer and multiple fracture/spinal injuries: Free travelling on referral slip within & outside state with 1 attendant.
HRTC Bus Booking Cancellation Charges
- 10% of the actual ticket amount will be deducted in case the cancellation of e-tickets is up to 12 hours prior to the departure time from the originating station of the route.
- 25% of ticket amount will be deducted in case the cancellation of e-tickets is within 4 to 12 hours prior to the departure time from the originating station of the route.
- No refund will be made in case of e-tickets within 4 hours prior to the departure time from the originating station of the route.
- The e-tickets can only be cancelled by the user by going to their accounts homepage upto 4 hours prior to the departure time from the originating station of the route.
HRTC Bus Booking FAQs
Q. What is the age limit for a half ticket passenger in HRTC?
Q. Do I have to take a printout of my e-ticket while boarding an HRTC bus?
Q. Can I change my bus ticket details after a booking with HRTC?
Q. I lost my bus ticket, what can I do?
Q. What ID proofs have to be carried along while travelling with the HRTC?
Q. Is an HRTC bus e-ticket transferable?