JKSRTC Online Booking and Bus Routes:For a comfortable travel experience, travellers can make their JKSRTC bus booking online, through website or ixigo app.
Some of the popular JKSRTC routes include --
How to Book JKSRTC Bus Tickets Online?
- Travellers can book JKSRTC buses through ixigo app or ixigo website.
- They can check JKSRTC bus availability, routes, timings, price details, arrival as well as departure timings conveniently on ixigo.
- To make the payment, customers can use any online payment mode of their choice (credit card/ debit card/net banking/UPI). Any transactions made on the web or app are completely secured.
- Once the booking is complete, passengers can print a hard copy or keep the soft copy of their ticket handy
- In case of any query, reach out to ixigo customer support through a customer helpline number or email-ID.
JKSRTC Bus TypesJKSRTC owns a massive fleet of buses. There are around 1,000 buses connecting various parts of the country with Jammu and Kashmir. Some of the major JKSRTC bus variants are:
- Hi-Tech Buses:These buses run on specific routes. They have a 2+2 seating arrangement. These buses run on popular routes like Srinagar to Jammu.
- Super Deluxe Buses: These buses are divided into different sections which are also known as quarters and they run to help people reach famous cities and states.
- Semi Deluxe Buses: This kind of JKSRTC buses have semi-deluxe coaches.
- JKSRTC Volvo: These buses have recliner seats and are fully air-conditioned. You can easily book one of them on the ixigo app or website.
JKSRTC buses ensure a safe and comfortable travel experience to its passengers through the provision of various amenities. These amenities include water bottles, television, pillows, blankets, reclining seats, charging ports, and air conditioners. Hygiene facilities are given utmost importance.
Features of JKSRTC Buses
JKSRTC buses are widely recognised for providing high-end services to its travellers. Even when passing through the toughest of routes, passengers can feel safe and comfortable during the journey. All buses comprise of tough laminated glass, and some of the buses have heating systems to combat the cold climate at high altitudes. Buses also offer ample luggage space, different charging ports, and overhead lights.
Jammu and Kashmir, known for its extreme natural beauty, is one of the most recognised tourist destinations of the country. To cater to the fast-growing tourism industry in the state, it was crucial to the main good connectivity of this state with other parts of the country. JKSRTC was launched with the main purpose of connecting Kashmir with the rest of India.
JKSRTC buses are easily available to visit Jammu and Kashmir from the nearby states. The buses run on a number of routes within the state and between the states. You can choose the ixigo app to make a JKSRTC online booking. JKSRTC not only provides intrastate movement of passengers but also facilitates the interstate movement of people who want to visit Jammu and Kashmir. A JKSRTC bus can easily be booked in advance for your convenience.
Bus Services by JKSRTC
- Hi-tech:JKSRTC is providing 2/2 state of the art technology vehicles on some specific routes like Srinagar to Delhi, Delhi to Jaipur, Srinagar to Jammu, Srinagar to Katra and Jammu to Katra.
- Super Deluxe: These coaches connect district headquarters as well as towns and cities within and outside neighbouring states.
- Ordinary Services: This kind of JKSRTC buses have semi-deluxe coaches.
- JKSRTC Volvo: JKSRTC provides economical as well as comfortable bus services to facilitate commuters to travel on different highways as well as district routes.
- District Service Division Kashmir: The District Services Division of JKSRTC connects the far-flung areas of the Kashmir province, to the districts and tehsils as well as to the nearby villages by operating different class of vehicles.
- InterState Service Division: Super deluxe and semi-deluxe coaches are available to the commuters to travel to neighbouring states like Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi and Rajasthan.
What are the concessions given by JKSRTC?Under the provisions of notification issued by the office of Transport Commissioner, J&K, the following categories of commuters are exempted to the extent of 50% for travelling in SRTC Buses:
- Physically handicapped/disabled persons who shall have to produce valid identity card attested by a Medical Officer. Same fare concession to freedom fighters and Pthalacaemia patients along with one attendant has also been extended.
- Any person suffering from cancer or is deaf, dumb or blind provided he/she holds a card duly certified by the Principal Medical College, Srinagar/Jammu or from a specialist of Government Hospitals in the State.
- Students travelling from their places of residence to the location of their Education Institutions and back, once a day, provided that the students shall have to produce a bonafide and valid Identity card of the Institution in which he/she is studying.
- War widows for their journey within the state subject to the condition that they shall produce valid identity card from Zila Sainik Board.
- No charge shall be collected from any handicapped person for carrying a wheelchair, tricycle or any other such mobility aid while travelling.
For children travelling in JKSRTC Buses-
a) A child up to 12 years of age shall be reckoned as half and charged half journey fare.
b) A child up to 3 years of age shall not be reckoned for any journey fare.
JKSRTC Bus Booking FAQs
Q. What is the age limit for a half ticket passenger in JKSRTC?
Q. I forgot to print my JKSRTC bus E-Ticket! Can I still board the bus?
Q. Can bus ticket details be changed while booking with JKSRTC?
Q. What ID proofs are required to be carried along while travelling with JKSRTC?
Q. Is the JKSRTC bus e-ticket transferable?
Q. I have lost my JKSRTC bus ticket. What do I do?
Q. Does JKSRTC have a current booking option?