MSRTC Online Booking and Bus Routes:Travellers can make their MSRTC online ticket booking using ixigo app for a comfortable and seamless travel experience.
ixigo has recently acquired AbhiBus, a popular bus booking portal. You can enjoy the same, feature-packed experience of booking MSRTC bus tickets on AbhiBus.
Popular MSRTC bus routes are:
How to book MSRTC Bus Tickets online?
- MSRTC online bus ticket booking can be made using the ixigo app or ixigo website.
- Customers can use any payment mode of their choice (Credit card/ debit card/ netbanking/ UPI) to book their tickets and simply carry their mobile tickets after the booking gets confirmed.
- In case of any query, ixigo customer support is always available with a 24x7 chat system, along with a dedicated customer helpline and Email-ID.
- All online transactions on ixigo.com are safe and secure.
- Customers can also check bus routes, timings, price details, arrival and departure timetable conveniently on ixigo.
Discounts & Offers on MSRTC Bus Ticket BookingCheck the latest deals on MSRTC bus tickets on the ixigo offers page and get the best deal on your booking. Another advantage of booking MSRTC bus tickets on ixigo is that you can avail exclusive offers from e-wallets and several leading banks. Here you can find the latest bus tickets offers and coupons codes for your bus booking on ixigo.
The current bus offers on MSRTC bus ticket booking by ixigo are:
- Save up to ₹500 on MSRTC bus bookings: Use coupon code BUS500 and get flat 6% upto ₹500 ixigo money on your MSRTC bus ticket booking. Note: No minimum booking amount required!
- Save FLAT 15% on your first bus booking: Book your MSRTC bus using coupon code NEW15 and get flat 15% upto ₹200 ixigo money on your booking. Note: No minimum booking amount required!
MSRTC Bus TypesMSRTC provides punctual, seamless and comfortable bus services in a number of categories:
- MSRTC Shivneri Bus: MSRTC Shivneri is a luxury Volvo bus service that has air-conditioned sleeper and seater buses for comfortable travel on relatively longer routes. Shivneri bus serves all major city routes like Mumbai-Pune, Pune-Nashik routes and cities like Aurangabad, Sangli and Kolhapur. These buses have reclining seats, LED TV along with water bottles, face wipes, and blankets.
- MSRTC Sheetal Bus: The Sheetal bus services are a blend of AC and 2x2 semi-luxury buses aimed at tier II cities. These are very comfortable buses and highly recommended for a budget-friendly travel option with AC feature.
- MSRTC Shivshahi Bus: This is an air-conditioned bus service with both seater and sleeper seats. These buses are highly preferred by customers as a low-cost, AC, hassle-free and comfortable bus journey option to all major cities.
- MSRTC Ashwamedh Bus: This is an air-conditioned bus service for long-distance bus journeys. They can accommodate upto 53 passengers and are used for inter-state journeys lasting as long as 14-16 hours. They are highly preferred for Mumbai-Pune and Mumbai-Bangalore routes.
- AC-Shivneri Multi Axle Semi Sleeper (2+2) Bus: They provide water bottles, face wipes, blankets, and a television.
- AC-Sheetal AC Seater (2+1 & 2+2): They provide water bottles, blankets, television.
Features of MSRTC Buses
- The entertainment facilities (movies, videos, audio) on the bus makes the journey even more enjoyable.
- All the buses run by MSRTC are provided with air suspension and wide seats for better comfort.
- Travellers are also provided water bottles, blankets, facial wipes, etc. Apart from these features, no noise, no jerks and enough space for luggage make the travel experience a comfortable one.
The MSRTC - Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation is a public road transport bus service operated by the Maharashtra state government. It provides bus service to towns and cities within Maharashtra as well as to adjoining states. It is headquartered in Mumbai. MSRTC ticket booking facility is available for all buses and is a comfortable experience. Also, MSRTC bus booking has been a reliable mode of transport from the point of view of safety and affordability since the past 72 years.
Bus Services by MSRTC
Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation provides regular bus services as well as chartered services. Passengers can book buses with the state for weddings, leisure, trips, etc. In fact, customers can rent the special luxury AC ShivShahi buses for wedding functions. Special pilgrim services like Pune to Shirdi bus can also be booked using MSRTC online booking.
MSRTC Bus Pass InformationMSRTC provides various bus passes and free passes. Below are the details -
- Travel Wherever you Like: MSRTC has been implementing "Travel wherever you like" for passengers since 1988. Under this scheme, 5 days pass and 3 days pass are issued. These passes are valid for simple service (simple, fast, night service, urban, Yashwanti, Hirkani , Shivshahi and inter-state service buses (Sadhya, Nimaaram and Shivshahi).
- Quarterly Pass Plan: This scheme has been implemented to attract travellers commuting on the same route daily for job, business and other reasons. Under this scheme, pass holders will be given a discount of around 5%. It is beneficial for travellers travelling on the same route everyday.
- Monthly Pass Plan: Under this scheme, 5 days return journey charges are levied and one month 5 days return pass is given. As per this scheme, passengers e will receive a benefit of about 33% travel fare concession.
- Annual discount card scheme: Under this scheme, an annual concession card is issued that costs ₹5. Passengers can avail this card on any reservation to travel within state or on inter-state routes. After showing this card to the conductor, the passenger is given a 10% discount on simple and comfortable (excluding public, mini and urban services) fares but the journey must be more than 18 km. The validity of this card is 3 years.
What are the concessions given by MSRTC?MSRTC provides a number of concessions on MSRTC online bus booking. Some of major benefits are as following:
- Free travel for freedom fighters and one of their companions throughout the year in simple, comfy, comfortable, air conditioned bus services.
- Free travel for rural students studying from 5th to 12th standard in simple bus service.
- 50 percent concession to senior citizens above 65 years of age in the state in simple and relaxed bus services.
- Free travel for government-approved Journalist-Shivshahi (Shinyan) bus upto 5 km in simple, nimraam and Shivshahi bus services.
- 75 percent concession to blind and crippled persons in simple and relaxed bus services.
- Passengers can also get a smart card issued by MSRTC online bus booking.
MSRTC Bus Booking FAQs
Q. Do half ticket passenger bookings have an age limit in MSRTC?
Q. Is it mandatory to carry an e-ticket printout while boarding MSRTC buses?
Q. Can I alter the bus ticket details after my booking is over?
Q. I have lost my MSRTC bus ticket. Can I get a second copy?
Q. What ID proofs must be carried while travelling with the MSRTC?
Q. Could I transfer my MSRTC bus e-ticket if required?