PEPSU Online Booking and Bus Routes:To ensure a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience, travellers must book their PEPSU bus ticket online, through ixigo app.
How to Book PEPSU Bus Tickets Online?
- Visit https://www.ixigo.com/buses or open the ixigo trains or ixigo flights app and select the option: ‘buses’.
- Enter the boarding city, destination city and the date of travel.
- Click on the search button.
- Select the bus operator of your choice using filters like duration, seating comfort, operator rating, AC/Non-AC etc.
- Select the number of seats based on your preference. Click on the book option and then select the boarding and drop-off points.
- Enter the details of the passengers.
- Choose an offer. Along with ixigo money, ixigo always has exciting cashback and deals to offer!
- Pay securely using any of our multiple payment options.
- In case of any query, ixigo customer support is always available with a 24x7 chat system, along with a dedicated customer helpline and email-ID.
PEPSU Bus TypesPEPSU provides comfortable bus services in the following categories:
- GARUDA (VOLVO / CORONA / ISUZU A.C Semi Sleeper)
- GARUDA PLUS (VOLVO / BENZ A.C Multi Axle)
- AMARAVATHI (VOLVO / SCANIA A.C Multi Axle)
- SUPER LUXURY (NON-AC, 2+2 Push Back)
- ULTRA DELUXE (NON-AC, 2+2 Push Back)
In PEPSU buses passenger safety and comfort is given utmost importance. There are a plethora of amenities to allow good travel experience to passengers. Among these amenities, certain onboard provisions are a good amount of leg space, air conditioning, entertainment facilities like television, CCTV, pillows, blankets, water bottles and most importantly charging ports. It even comes with a first aid kit in case of emergencies.
Features of PEPSU Buses
PEPSU buses are widely recognised for providing a pleasant passenger experience at economical prices. Safety, hygiene and comfortable recliner seating are among the most loved features of these buses. The buses are extremely comfortable and safety is taken good care of.
The Pepsu Road Transport Corporation, Patiala was set-up on 16th of October, 1956 under the provision of the Road Transport Corporations Act, 1950 with a view to providing efficient, adequate, economic and properly coordinated operation system of Road Transport Services in the State. PEPSU runs a total fleet of 912 buses, 2 AC buses, 24 HVAC buses and 36 hired buses under the KM scheme.
PEPSU buses are being operated on 577 routes (including inter-state routes i.e. Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand) by covering a daily sanctioned mileage of PRTC i.e 355827 kilometres. There are 9 depots of the Corporation located at Patiala, Bathinda, Kapurthala, Barnala, Sangrur, Budhlada, Faridkot, Ludhiana and Chandigarh.
Bus Services by PEPSU
PEPSU is a state-run corporation that provides bus services in almost the entire North India. It covers around 16 routes on a daily basis and over 577 routes in total. Some of the most known routes include bus from Delhi Airport to Jalandhar, bus from Delhi to Ludhiana, and from Delhi Airport to Amritsar.
Bus from Delhi Airport to Amritsar is used mostly by tourists and people wanting to visit the Golden Temple. Bus from Hoshiarpur to Delhi Airport is used by business and leisure travellers. Bus from Patiala to Delhi Airport is the most used route. The bus starts at 16:00 hours and reaches the airport at 22:30 hours.
PEPSU Bus Pass InformationCheck the complete PEPSU bus pass information below:
- Student Pass: Quarterly concessional bus passes issued to the students pursuing Post Graduate/Graduate/Under Graduate courses in various colleges including Medical institutes, Technical Education institutes, I.T.I.’s etc.
- Monthly Pass: An amount equal to 30 single fare of the route for which the pass is required will be charged except for the following routes - Patiala-Rajpura-Chandigarh, Patiala-Samana-Patran, Patiala – Nabha – Malerkotla and Bathinda-Dabwali. For these routes an amount equal to 40 single fare will be charged. Only residents of Punjab and Chandigarh are eligible to opt for a monthly pass.
What are the concessions given by PEPSU?
- The PEPSU provides 100% concessional passes to blind people, MLA/MP’s, Jail wardens (from the rank of Head Warden to Asstt. Supdt. Jail), Police personnel from the rank of constable to Inspector (only in Punjab state), Students. (From Ist Class to 10th class), Freedom Fighters and their one attendant, Wife of Freedom Fighter along with one Attendant and Ex-MLAs Ex-MP's. Ex-MLCs and their wives.
- Concessional tickets are offered to Child (3-12 Years), Handicapped persons with 40% and above disability, Colleges students, ITIs, Medical Colleges etc. Schools and Technical Education, Commercial Luggage, 60 Years old women/aged women and Employees of the Civil Sectt. (Pb. Civil Sectt. at Chd. from different sectors to Sectt.).
PEPSU Bus Booking FAQs
Q. What is the age limit for a half ticket passenger in PEPSU?
Q. I forgot to print my PEPSU bus e-ticket. Can I still board the bus?
Q. Can bus ticket details be changed while booking with PEPSU?
Q. What ID proofs are required to be carried along while travelling with PEPSU?
Q. Is the PEPSU bus e-ticket transferable?
Q. I have lost my PEPSU bus ticket. What do I do?
Q. Does PEPSU have a current booking option?