PRTC Online Booking and Bus Routes:Some of the most popular PRTC bus routes are:
|Pondicherry to Chennai||Chennai to Pondicherry||Pondicherry to Karaikal|
|Karaikal to Pondicherry||Pondicherry to Mahe||Karaikal to Chennai|
|Pondicherry to Nagercoil||Pondicherry to Tirupati||Tirupati to Pondicherry|
|Neyveli to Tirunelveli||Pondicherry to Velankanni||Neyveli to Nagercoil|
|Pondicherry to Nagapattinam||Nagercoil to Pondicherry||Pondicherry to Bangalore|
|Pondicherry to Tirunelveli||Karaikal to Coimbatore||Karaikal to Nagapattinam|
|Karaikal to Velankanni||Nagapattinam to Karaikal||Coimbatore to Karaikal|
How to book PRTC Bus Tickets online?
- PRTC bus booking can be made using the ixigo app or ixigo website.
- You can check the PRTC bus routes, timings, price details, arrival as well as departure timetables conveniently on ixigo.
- You can use any online payment mode of your choice (credit card/ debit card/netbanking/UPI) to book tickets.
- In case of any query, ixigo customer support is always available with a 24x7 chat system, along with a dedicated customer helpline and email-ID.
PRTC Bus TypesThe PRTC provided comfortable, smooth and budget-friendly services within Puducherry and the surrounding states in the following bus categories:
- City Ordinary: This is the ordinary bus service offered by PRTC for daily commute. These buses include both 2x2 as well as the 3x2 seating arrangements.
- City Semi Low Floor: These are 2x2 JNNURM buses that operate in Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam.
- Deluxe: These air-conditioned buses have 2x2 non-push back seats and provide economical services without compromising on comfort.
- Ultra Deluxe: These buses have 2x2 push back seats and ply on important routes such as Puducherry-Mahe and Puducherry-Nagercoil.
- Volvo Buses: PRTC operates air-conditioned Volvo buses on two main routes, namely, Puducherry-Chennai and Puducherry-Cuddalore.
PRTC buses provide amenities based on bus type and ticket price. However, the top amenities provided by PRTC include deep-cleaned buses, regular temperature checks of the staff, no blankets/linens, hand sanitisers, staff with masks, etc.
Features of PRTC Buses
PRTC buses provide a safe and pleasant way to commute in and around Puducherry with budget-friendly ticket prices. Safety, hygiene and comfortable seating are the most important features on offer by the PRTC. PRTC buses provide economic and comfortable rides to travellers within Puducherry and to some destinations in the adjoining states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
PRTC operates over 139 buses on various inter-state routes, providing direct services from Puducherry to the majority of the important destinations in the southern states of India. PRTC also operates around 40 JNNURM buses in four territories, namely Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam, with a majority of them operating in Puducherry.
PRTC provides connections from Puducherry and Karaikal to important cities of Tamil Nadu and Kerala such as Chennai, Tindivanam, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Kumbakonam, Kumily, Velankanni, Cuddalore, Palakkad, among several others. It also operates to Mahe, Tirupati and Bengaluru from Puducherry.
Bus Services by PRTC
With a fleet of more than 139 buses, PRTC provides AC and non-AC bus services within the union territory of Puducherry and to the adjoining states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It provides a wide range of bus services, right from the ordinary services up to the deluxe and ultra deluxe services.
PRTC Bus Booking FAQs
Q. I forgot to print my PRTC bus E-Ticket! Can I still board the bus?
Q. Can bus ticket details be changed while booking with PRTC?
Q. What ID proofs are required to be carried along while travelling with PRTC?
Q. Is the PRTC bus e-ticket transferable?
Q. I have lost my PRTC bus ticket. What do I do?
Q. Does PRTC have a current booking option?