UTC Online Booking and Bus Routes:Providing comfortable and efficient journeys across Uttarakhand and its adjoining states, UTC buses operate across more than 3.87 lakh kilometres. Travellers can book UTC bus tickets at affordable prices on ixigo, on the following routes:
How to book UTC bus tickets online?
- A UTC bus booking can be made using the ixigo app or website.
- Customers can check UTC bus routes, timings, ticket prices, and arrival/departure timetables with ease on ixigo.
- All online payment modes (credit card/ debit card/netbanking/UPI) can be used to book tickets.
- Once a booking is processed, passengers must save their e-ticket on a mobile device and produce it at the time of boarding.
- In case of any query, ixigo customer support is available via a 24x7 chat along with a dedicated helpline and email address.
UTC Bus TypesThe UTC provides passenger-friendly buses in the following categories:
- AC Janrath: A low-cost air conditioned bus with 2x2 seating, it travels on interstate as well as intrastate routes.
- Volvo: For long interstate routes with luxurious 2x2 seating and additional amenities, which you can read about in the next section.
- Ordinary: The standard UTC bus, equipped with high-back 2x3 seating and the lowest fares. It operates on local, interstate and intrastate routes.
- Semi-Deluxe: Fitted with mobile and laptop chargers, and a heating system, this bus has 2x2 seating for long interstate and intrastate journeys.
When booking a UTC bus ticket online, passengers have much to choose from. The Volvo buses which ply on long routes beyond Uttarakhand have 44 plush 2x2 seats and dedicated mobile and laptop charging ports. A 21-inch TV and CD player is also provided, and you’ll be interested to know that the buses have electronically controlled engines. The air-conditioners are by Carrier Global, a reputed international brand. Windows are toughened to provide safety and clear vision to enjoy mountain views. Water bottles are provided to all passengers.
The normal AC buses have the same air conditioning and window qualities, while the Semi-Deluxe category goes the extra mile and adds on reading lights, a speaker, and call bell switches. WiFi connectivity, pillows, and blankets can also be availed on certain UTC buses upon request.
Features of UTC buses
UTC buses are well-known to have services that cater to all kinds of passengers—whether it be a local travelling for work, or a tourist looking for a laid-back experience exploring the hills of Uttarakhand.
All buses have front windshields with tough laminated glass, and apart from the Ordinary category of buses, all others have heating systems to combat the cold climate at high altitudes. The Volvo buses are fuel-efficient vehicles with engines that have a turbocharger and Euro-III compliant intercooler. The more expensive routes also offer ample luggage space, different charging ports, and overhead lights.
Founded in October 2003, the Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (or Uttarakhand Roadways) was created for the development of road transport, trade and industry within Uttarakhand.
The public-sector venture soon expanded to include travel to nearby states in northern India, and cater to over 1.20 lakh passengers everyday. Helping meet a traveller’s demands while operating under the ideals of self-sustenance and growth is the UTC’s motto. Its headquarters are in Dehradun, and the corporation runs 18 bus depots.
Bus Services by UTCThe UTC’s daily operations are divided across three divisions, which oversee a total of 18 depots. Here’s a quick look at their jurisdiction:
- Dehradun Division: Oversees the Dehradun B, Dehradun Hill, Dehradun Rural, Roorkee, Haridwar, Rishikesh, and Kotdwar depots.
- Nainital Division: Oversees the Almora, Ranikhet, Bhowali, Kathgodam, Haldwani, Rudrapur, Kashipur, and Ramnagar depots.
- Tanakpur Division:Oversees the Tanakpur, Lohaghat, and Pithoragarh depots.
UTC Bus Pass InformationThe UTC offers four kinds of bus passes for passengers who require concessions:
- UTC Employee Pass: For a corporation employee and his family. It is free of charge, except for a courier fee (if delivered). It is valid for one year.
- Girls Pass: Also free of charge except for an online and/or courier charge, this is given to female students who can furnish a school/college ID issued by their principal. It’s valid for one year, and provides a 50% concession.
- Monthly Pass: This can be availed by all passengers, and provides a 50% concession on their fare along with a courier charge (if delivered) and an online charge. This is valid for one month.
- Government Pass: For current and ex-MPs/MLAs of Uttarakhand; freedom fighters and their families; state and district-level journalists, disabled persons (minimum. 40% impairment), Uttarakhand Andolankaris or their widows; or senior citizens aged 65 and above. It is valid for one year, and provided free of charge.
What are the concessions given by UTC?Fare concessions are provided to these following categories of passengers by the ASTC:
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12 can pay half the adult fare on all UTC buses except AC/Janrath and Volvo vehicles.
- Concessions are also provided to all passengers holding relevant bus passes, which you can read about in the previous section titled ‘UTC Bus Pass Information’. However, these concessions have limitations based on which route the passenger books their ticket for. We advise all our customers to read the fine print carefully before booking their tickets.
UTC Bus Booking FAQs
Q. Is there a half ticket provision in UTC buses?
Q. Do I need to carry a ticket printout to board a UTC bus?
Q. Can I update my bus ticket details while booking with the UTC?
Q. What identity documents do I need to carry while travelling with the UTC?
Q. Is the UTC bus e-ticket transferable?
Q. I lost my UTC bus ticket. How can I get another copy?
Q. How can I track my UTC bus online?
Q. Does the UTC have a current booking option?