Colombo to Chennai FlightsBook Colombo to Chennai flights at cheapest prices starting at ₹7448. Approximately 9 flights of different airlines fly between Colombo and Chennai. On flights from CMB - MAA, travellers can earn ixigo money of upto ₹5000 and use 100% of earned ixigo money on future flight booking.
only indicative - actual prices may vary
Colombo to Chennai Flights Route Details
|Total Number of Flights||9|
|Aerial Distance||686 KM|
|Airlines on This Route||SriLankan, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India|
|Cheapest Flight for Next 30 Days||IndiGo 6E1212, ₹7448|
|Cheapest Flight for Next 60 Days||IndiGo 6E1212, ₹7448|
|Minimum Flight Duration||01 Hours & 15 Minutes|
|First Flight Departs from Colombo||SriLankan 125, Departs at 00:40|
|First Flight Arrives at Chennai||SriLankan 125, Arrives at 02:00|
|Last Flight Departs from Colombo||IndiGo 1204, Departs at 20:40|
|Last Flight Arrives at Chennai||IndiGo 1204, Arrives at 21:00|
Colombo Chennai Flights - FAQs
- When is the earliest flight from Colombo for Chennai?The earliest flight for Chennai departs at 00:40 from Colombo and reaches Chennai at 02:00.
- To reach Chennai late at night, when does the last flight from Colombo departs?To reach Chennai late at night, the last flight from Colombo departs at 20:40 and arrives Chennai airport at 21:00. Many airlines provide services on this route.
- How far is Colombo to Chennai by flight and what is the daily frequency of flights on this route?Colombo to Chennai is approximately 686 km by flight. The frequency of flights from Colombo Airport to Chennai Airport is about 9 daily.
- What is the average journey duration from Colombo to Chennai in a direct flight. Also, what is the approximate flight fare of the journey?If travelling from Colombo to Chennai by airways, the average journey duration will be 01 Hours & 15 Minutes and will cost around ₹7448.
- What is the hand baggage limit on domestic flights and do they vary? What is the baggage limit from Colombo to Chennai.Hand baggage limit on domestic flights vary from airlines to airlines. Please contact the concerned airlines for any such queries.
- For reaching Chennai from Colombo, how many flights fly on this route everyday?From Colombo to Chennai, there are 9 flights that fly on this route everyday. Reach Chennai easily and conveniently by choosing any of these flights.
- To make flight bookings for Colombo to Chennai route in the next 30 days, what would be the lowest airfare for this route?If booking in next 30 days, ₹7448 would be the lowest airfare for a flight from Colombo to Chennai. There are 9 flights that fly on this route. Book online in advance and get the cheapest price for Colombo to Chennai route.
- For reaching Chennai from Colombo, how many weekly flights fly on this route?From Colombo to Chennai, there are 9 flights that fly on this route weekly. Book a flight that suits the schedule and offers better prices. The cheapest airfare for Colombo to Chennai route is ₹7448.
- To travel from Colombo to Chennai, what is the cheapest fare for today?Your search for the cheapest fares from Colombo to Chennai ends here. ₹7448 is the most affordable fare today. Go book flights right now!
- How to book tickets via internet from Colombo to Chennai?It is simple! Login to https://www.ixigo.com/flights & search for the destination, i.e., Colombo to Chennai with dates, choose the best fare, provide personal details and book the flight easily.
- Suggest as how ixigo is different from online travel agents?ixigo is not an online travel agency or agent. It is a travel search engine which aggregates several travel websites so that travellers get the best fares and deals.
- For a Colombo to Chennai flight, what is the check-in baggage limit?The check-in baggage limit for Colombo to Chennai flights depends upon the airline. But it is usually 7 kgs.
- How much hand luggage weight is allowed for Colombo to Chennai flights?The allowed hand luggage weight for Colombo to Chennai flights varies from 23 kgs to 60 kgs as per the cabin class booking.
- What are the advantages of web check-in before flying from Colombo?The advantage of web check-in when flying from Colombo is that one can reserve their own favourite seat and take a print out of the boarding pass without standing in long queues.
- What is the procedure to change the date of a flight (Colombo to Chennai)? Please help!It is possible to change the travel date for a Colombo to Chennai flight. Just have to contact the airlines and tell about the change of plan.
Cheapest Colombo to Chennai Flight Fares
|Colombo - Chennai Cheapest Flights||Fare (INR)||Date of Journey||Airline Name||Book Tickets|
|in 30 days|
|in 60 days|
|in 90 days|
* Colombo to Chennai Flight Fares shown are indicative and subject to change until ticketed. Prices are guaranteed only at the time of purchase
How to Travel to & from Colombo Airport
Bandaranaike International Airport, located in Katunayake, is the only international airport in the country. Columbo’s city centre is at a distance of approximately 35 km from this airport. Commuting to and from the airport is easy as public transport is easily available. The minibus number 178 leaves the airport every 1 hour and reaches the city centre in approximately 1.5 hours. Unlike express buses, minibuses also runs at night. Fare for these buses is reasonable but commuters might be charged extra for luggage. Taxis are the fastest and most comfortable way to reach the main city.
Facilities at Colombo Airport
Bandaranaike International Airport is the only international airport in the country of Sri Lanka. Some of the basic facilities that are available at this airport are Wi-Fi, Children’s Care Rooms, ATMs, medical care centre, wheelchair assistance and currency exchange. There are a number of restaurants serving local and international cuisine, located in departure and transit lounge where travellers can savour mouth-watering delicacies. Also, a number of duty free shops can be spotted at the arrival and departure terminal.
Best Time to Visit Colombo
Sri Lanka, home to immense natural beauty, ancient ruins, a glorious past and welcoming people, is a much loved tourist destination. Every day thousands of people from across the globe visit this mesmerising island nation. Colombo, the commercial capital the island, is an year round destination and can be visited at any time of the year. The city experiences heavy monsoons from May to August, which is not an ideal time for sightseeing. The months of November, December, January and February is considered the best time to visit Colombo and indulge in sightseeing and other outdoor activities.
Top Routes from Colombo
How to Travel to & from Chennai Airport
Located approximately 19 km from the city centre, Chennai International Airport serves to a huge number of travellers each day. Most of these flyers are tourists, travelling across southern states of India like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Goa. If you want to travel from the city to the airport, Chennai offers various means of travel. Board the metro that runs from Nehru Park to the airport. The first train starts at 5.54 AM and the last one operates at 10.54 PM. If metro does not suit you, choose to travel by a pre-paid taxi or cab services like Ola and Uber. The travel time in a cab is around 50 mins. You can also take a bus ride for this route; there are number of AC buses and interurban buses to serve you. Other than these, an auto-rickshaw ride is also a good option. Please note that the charges maybe 50% higher in the night compared to daytime fares.
Facilities at Chennai Airport
Chennai Airport has Travel Club lounges situated at both domestic and international terminals. You can use this facility through pay-per-use, single visit passes or lounge memberships. The airport has ATMs/ cash machines along with currency exchange present at both terminals. For shopping, you will find a wide variety of merchandise like souvenirs, tea, clothing at shops located throughout the airport. International terminal has duty-free shopping for departing and arriving passengers. You will also find luggage storage and lockers at the international terminal. Other than these, there is a child care room, luggage trolleys, medical services, mobile charging and massages and spa.
Best time to visit Chennai
Serving as the cultural capital of the South, Chennai is a beautiful destination comprising a treasure of tourist attractions. From gorgeous beaches to temples and historical monuments, this city has a lot of offer. The city experiences three seasons, winter, summer and monsoon. The best time to visit Chennai is from November to February which constitute the winter season in this city. The temperature in this season ranges from 19°C - 27°C. The weather is pleasant during these months and offers a great escape from the heat. You can step out easily for sightseeing and enjoy your time in Chennai.
Top Routes to Chennai
Colombo to Chennai Flight Fare Calendar
Colombo Airport Details
Name : Bandaranaike International Airport
Address : Canada Friendship Rd, Katunayake 11450, Sri Lanka
Phone : NA
Email : NA
Chennai Airport Details
Name : Chennai International Airport
Address : G. S. Satellite Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 027
Phone : 044 2256 0551
Email : N/A
Top Routes To Chennai
Top Routes From Colombo
very good app where u can compare airfare of multiple airlines.
- Rakesh Daswani
Best in Class. The customer support was quick. There are many offers available. It integrates all the booking companies into one place. Great going.
- Prasanth Vardhan Polavarapu
on ixigo i always got tickets on very cheap rates. ialways recommend ixigo to make flight ticket hotelbooking etc
- Abhi Aas
great app. got rs. 750 ixigo money on first flight booking. and Rs. 350 ixigo money on second booking.
- Mohd. Ahsan