Kathmandu to Colombo FlightsBook Kathmandu to Colombo flights at cheapest prices. Approximately 6 flights of different airlines fly between Kathmandu and Colombo. On flights from KTM - CMB, travellers can earn ixigo money of upto ₹5000 and use 100% of earned ixigo money on future flight booking.
only indicative - actual prices may vary
Kathmandu Colombo Flights - FAQs
- What is the approximate aerial distance between the metropolitan cities of Kathmandu and Colombo in a direct flight. Also, what is the frequency of flights?The aerial distance from Kathmandu to Colombo is 2380 km. Approximately 6 flights fly on this route on everyday basis.
- How to check the hand luggage limit on Kathmandu-Colombo flight? Does it vary from airlines to airlines?To check the hand luggage limit on Kathmandu-Colombo route, check the website or call the concerned airlines.
- How many flights fly on Kathmandu to Colombo route each day?6 flights fly on Kathmandu to Colombo route each day. Choose any of these flights as per the preferred timings.
- Can internet help in booking a flight from Kathmandu to Colombo?Yes, it is simple! login to https://www.ixigo.com/flights & search for the destination, i.e., Kathmandu to Colombo with dates, choose the best fare, provide the personal details and the flight will be booked.
- Came across ixigo? Know how it is different from online travel agents?Based in Gurgaon, ixigo is a travel search engine. ixigo helps get the best deals on flights, train, hotels and much more.
- For Kathmandu to Colombo flights, what are the check-in baggage limits?The check-in baggage limit for Kathmandu to Colombo flights varies from airline to airline. So check with the airline before booking a ticket. It is usually 7 kgs.
- How much hand luggage weight is allowed by flights for Kathmandu to Colombo?As per the cabin class booking, the checked luggage allowance for Kathmandu to Colombo flights will vary from 23 kgs to 60 kgs. But don’t forget to check with the airline before booking a ticket.
- Web check-in before flying from Kathmandu? Know about the benefits!Before flying from Kathmandu, the option of web check-in will allow one to choose a favourite seat without standing in long queues. Also, one can take a print out of the boarding pass.
- How to change travel dates after booking has already been done for a Kathmandu to Colombo flight. Please help!It is possible to change Kathmandu to Colombo travel dates. Simply call the airlines and they will do the needful. Happy travels!
How to Travel to & from Kathmandu Airport
Situated in the capital of Nepal, Kathmandu, Tribhuvan International Airport is 6 km away from the city centre. It was inaugurated in 1995 and is the only prime international airport in India. It caters to 3 million passengers each year. To travel from the airport to the city centre or vice versa, there are prepaid cabs available along with normal taxis. If you do not have much luggage, you can also board a local bus that stops at the airport gate. There are many local hotels that offer shuttle service to and from airport. You can connect with your hotel to know the availability. There are no trains between these two points.
Facilities at Kathmandu Airport
Executive Lounge present at the international terminals endow flyers with a comfortable experience. For availing this facility, one needs to opt for options like pay-per-use, single visit passes or lounge memberships. Better convenience is provided with currency exchange available at both terminals. Pick great stuff from kathmandu with a huge variety of merchandise like souvenirs and locally made gifts. There are few shops located throughout the airport selling these items. You can also indulge in limited duty free shopping at the International terminal. This terminal also has facilities like luggage wrapping service. Other major facilities at this airport include, mobile charging, post office, free Wi-Fi after security, luggage trolleys, medical services, etc.
Best Time to Visit Kathmandu
The culturally rich and diversified city of Kathmandu is a place boasting of beautiful temples and majestic views of the mighty Himalayas. Touched by western civilization yet safeguarding its culture, this place amidst the clouds needs to be in the bucket list of every traveller. The city gets the usual four climatic variations, i.e., summer, winter, monsoon and spring/autumn. The best time to visit Kathmandu is in spring season when the sun is gentle with cool breeze and fragrance in the air making this place even more romantic to spend some days of solace.
How to Travel to & from Colombo Airport
Bandaranaike International airport serves as the gateway for all the tourists visiting Sri Lanka. It is the only international airport in the country and is located at a distance of about half an hour from the commercial capital of Colombo. It takes approximately 35 to 40 minutes to cover the distance of airport to the city centre. The airport taxi services, supervised by the Airport and Aviation services, operates from the arrival lobby with a fleet of 600 vehicles. Direct express way buses are also available for the commute.
Facilities at Colombo Airport
Located close to the city of Colombo, Bandaranaike International Airport is the biggest airport in Sri Lanka. Handling a large number of passengers everyday, this international airport is home to all modern day facilities. From rejuvenating in an high-end spa to enjoying duty free shopping, there is a lot to do at this airport. Other than that, there are specialised medical rooms and massage centres for the comfort of the travellers. For the weary travellers, spa services are also available at the airport. A 24*7 help desk provides answer to any travel related query.
Best Time to Visit Colombo
Sri Lanka is an island nation, located in the Indian Ocean. Bestowed with a rich cultural heritage and a history dating back to 3,000 years, the country is one of the most loved destinations in Asia. Some of the most visit places in this country are Negombo, Sigiriya, Bentota, Anuradhapura, Galle and Colombo. Sri Lanka witnesses a rather complicated weather pattern. Tourists can find good weather somewhere on the island at most times of the year. The winter season in Colombo varies from November to February and is the best time to visit Colombo.
Kathmandu Airport Details
Name : Tribhuvan International Airport
Address : Ring Rd, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Phone : NA
Email : NA
Colombo Airport Details
Name : Bandaranaike International Airport
Address : Canada Friendship Rd, Katunayake 11450, Sri Lanka
Phone : NA
Email : NA