Did you mean :
Add photos to this answer
Drop photos here
Upload from your computer
You've already uploaded some photos. Do you want to delete these photos?
iXiGOers Dec 09 2012

How can a foreign national access Lachen?

Nitin Gurha DEC 10 2012
0 people found this answer useful Useful ?Yes

If you are a foreign national then you might have to plan your trip well in advance as a permit will be required to explore Lachen and some of the places around. Special passes can be procured in advance from the tourism department for which your Travel agent will guide you. To ease your worries we guide you through the procedure of doing the same.

  • Inner Line Permit

    Along with an Indian visa, foreigners must obtain Inner Line Permit to visit Sikkim. These permits are obtainable from all Indian missions and Tourism Offices in New Delhi, Sikkim and Calcutta. The permit is issued for an initial period of 15 days on the spot without any delay given that passport photocopies and Visa details along with two passport photos are provided by the applicant. An extension for further 30 days of 15 days each can be obtained from Foreigners Registration Office, Gangtok and Superintendent of Police of North, South and West District.

  • Restricted Area Permit OR Protected Area Permit

    Those interested in going for trekking in the interior regions of the state are required to get a Restricted Area Permit OR Protected Area Permit which can be obtained in Gangtok from the Police Check Post and Department of Tourism, available for certain specified area only for groups consisting of 4 or more foreigners subject to the condition that the trekking program is arranged through a registered travel agency.

Even though your trip to Lachen may have hurdles but the place promises to make them look like minor stones in front of the nature's treasure that it possesses.

Help us rate places you know
Food & Places To Visit