What is IRCTC Next Generation?
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) revamped and upgraded its e-ticketing website which is now known as the IRCTC next generation or NextGenIRCTC.
Pay ₹0 Payment Gateway Fees on your 1st booking. Use IRCTC Next Generation Login
With a more interactive user interface, it now allows a traveller to easily track a train arrival, departure time and also get seat availability information about a particular train.
One of the important features of the IRCTC Next Generation is the ‘security captcha feature.’ This feature increases a user’s account security and enables authentication.
Giving a boost to the Digital India initiative, it was launched by the Minister of Railways, Shri. Piyush Goyal on 31st December 2020.
The ‘Digital India’ initiative is making lives easier for people of India. And so with this revamped website of IRCTC with excellent new features, it will provide an easy and fast way of booking railway tickets.
IRCTC Next Generation New Register
With the new IRCTC website, the process of registering an account has been changed. So, here we are going to share details about registering an account in new IRCTC next generation website:
- Step 1: Open link
- Step 2: Click on the register button.
- Step 3: Now fill the form
After filling out the required field, submit the form, your account will be successfully created.
Here are some points you should remember while filling out the form:
- Passwords must contain minimum 8 characters including one capital letter with at least a number
- Use a new email ID which has never been used before in IRCTC
- You should also verify your email with IRCTC so that all notifications related to your IRCTC account will be sent to your email ID.
Existing IRCTC account holders
The existing IRCTC accounts are moved automatically onto the new IRCTC Next Generation site. For this, a user doesn’t have to create a new ID. On logging in with your existing IRCTC user ID for the first time on this new site, a user will get this message:
‘Dear Customer, you have been effectively moved to the Next Generation e-Ticketing site. To print/cancel/file TDR of your old exchanges done before movement, click ‘My Transactions’ beneath. To book e-tickets, click ‘Continue for Booking’. You can refer to the ‘Booked Ticket History’ tab to see any new exchange since the new allocation. On the new site you can either click on ‘Proceed For Booking’ if you need to buy tickets; you also have the option to ‘Update Profile’ and see your old bookings in ‘My Transaction’.
Features of IRCTC Next Generation & the Process
With the launch of a new interface of IRCTC next generation e-ticketing system, it aims to provide best in class user experience amongst several other online travel and ticketing websites. Here are some great features of the website:
- Users can now search trains and check availability of seats without even logging in.
- Users can now change font size throughout the website for a comfortable viewing experience.
- Single screen information about the trains including the train no., its name, originating and destination station, arrival and departure time and journey time can be viewed.
- The user can manage the payment option by marking 6 banks as preferred banks, and use these methods for ticket booking on IRCTC next gen system.
- It also facilitates seamless navigation in mobiles, ndesktops, laptops and tablets.