FAQs about Credit Shell
1. What is a credit shell?
It is a credit note created by IndiGo against a cancelled PNR to be used for a future booking, for the same passenger/s.
2. How can I redeem my credit shell?
Credit shell can be redeemed to make a fresh booking. As and when your new travel date is finalised, kindly initiate the reschedule request under My Trips through the ixigo website or app. You can do so by clicking here
3. How do I get a credit shell?
If your flight has been suspended or cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak, IndiGo has automatically cancelled all these bookings and a credit shell has been created against your PNR.
4. Where can I view my credit shell balance?
You can check credit shell balance against the itinerary directly on the IndiGo website. You can do so by clicking HERE.
5. What is the validity of the credit shell?
A credit shell is valid for up to 1 year from the date of issuance.
6. What are the terms and conditions associated with a credit shell?
- It can be used to make new travel bookings with IndiGo for travel within 1 year of creation of the credit shell.
- The credit shell is non-transferable.
- Name change is not permitted. It can only be used for the original passenger.
- In case of multiple passengers, the amount will get equally divided and utilized accordingly.
7. Can I partially use my credit shell?
Yes, you can. The remaining balance can be used until the date of expiry.
8. Can I combine two credit shells to make one reservation?
Only one credit shell can be redeemed in one booking.
9. Can I avail refund instead of the credit shell?
No, a credit shell cannot be converted into a refund or transferred back to the original mode of payment. It can only be redeemed against a future booking.
NOTE: For bookings made through ixigo, Credit shell amount will exclude the convenience fee you paid at the time of booking.