FAQs about Credit Shell
1. What is a credit shell?
It is a credit note created by SpiceJet against a cancelled PNR to be used for a future booking, as well as to book ancillary products for the same passenger(s).
2. What are the terms and conditions associated with a credit shell?
- It can be used to make new travel bookings with SpiceJet for travel within 1 year of creation of the credit shell.
- The credit shell is non-transferable.
- Name change is not permitted. It can only be used for the original passenger.
- The Credit shell can be used to make another booking as well as to book ancillary products for the same passenger.
3. Till when can I use my Credit shell?
- For bookings before March 25, 2020, and for travel between March 25, 2020, and May 24, 2020, a Credit Shell with validity till March 31, 2021, has been created for the booking amounts. Only if the customer is unable to use the available credit shell within the validity period, the refund will be initiated towards the original mode of payment post March 31, 2021.
4. How can I use my credit shell ?
To redeem the credit shell, please reach out to us via this form and our team will coordinate with you.
5. Where can I view my Credit shell balance?
You can easily check your credit shell balance on your Itinerary in just 3 STEPS :
- Step 1: Visit www.spicejet.com
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Manage Booking’ tab
- Step 3: Enter your PNR Number and Email/Last Name
6. Can I partially use my credit shell?
Yes, you can. The remaining balance can be used until the date of expiry.
7. Can I avail refund instead of the credit shell?
No, a credit shell cannot be converted into a refund or transferred back to the original mode of payment. It can only be redeemed against a future booking.
8. I am eligible for a refund as per circular from Ministry of Civil aviation, what am I required to do?
SpiceJet is offering a refund for suspended flights only to customers where Booking date is from March 25, 2020 to April 14, 2020 and Travel date is March 25 to May 3, 2020.
To avail refund, customers have to take the following mandatory steps:
1. Send an email for a refund request to SpiceJet on [email protected] with your PNR number
2. Initiate the cancellation of this PNR from MyTrips section on the ixigo app.
3. Once you have done the above two steps, a refund (if applicable by SpiceJet) shall be processed by ixigo within 21 days of submitting the request.
NOTE: For bookings made through ixigo, the amount post-cancellation would be protected in the form of Credit shell (excluding the convenience fee you paid at the time of booking).