Now you can cancel tickets online without spending hours at the railway counters.
FREE IRCTC Ticket Cancellation with ‘ixigo assured’
- Pay 0 cancellation charges
- Instant refunds within 24 hours
- Full refund of the ticket/base fare (also applicable on Tatkal bookings)
- Get a refund, if you cancel for any reason
- Cancel booking anytime up to 4 hours prior to the train departure/chart preparation (whichever is earlier)
Download the ixigo app
Cancelation on IRCTC’s website
It’s important to note that the e-tickets can only be canceled till the time the final chart is prepared.
Just follow these steps and you’ll be able to cancel your e-ticket hassle-free:
- Log on to www.irctc.co.in
- Click on the “Booked Tickets” link
- Once done, select the ticket you want to cancel
- Now you can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled
- Once the cancellation is confirmed online, the refund amount would credited to the account linked to booking
Download the ixigo app and enjoy Free cancellation on
Below are the cancellation charges for a confirmed e-ticket (before chart preparation):
Clause A--If a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 48 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges shall be as follows:
|Class of your ticket||Flat Cancellation charges per passenger|
|AC First/Executive Class||Rs. 240|
|First Class/AC 2 Tier||Rs. 200|
|AC Chair Car/AC 3Tier/AC 3 Economy||Rs. 180|
|Sleeper Class||Rs. 120|
|Second Class||Rs. 60|
Clause B–If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
Clause C— If a confirmed ticket is canceled within 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train and upto fours before the scheduled departure of the train, irrespective of the distance, cancellation charges shall be 50% of the fare paid, subject to the minimum cancellation charges.
Important things to know:
Once the charts are prepared, e-tickets cannot be cancelled. In such a case a user is requested to use the online TDR filing and track refund status through the tracking service provided by IRCTC.
Make sure that you file TDR as per the following rules proposed by the Indian Railways:
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on the tickets having confirmed reservation in case the ticket is not cancelled or TDR not filed online up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on RAC e-tickets in case the ticket is not cancelled or TDR not filed online upto 30 min. before the scheduled departure of the train.
- In case a party e-ticket or a family e-ticket is issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on RAC or waiting list, full refund of fare, less clerkage shall be admissible for confirmed passengers, also subject to the condition that the ticket shall be cancelled online or TDR be filed online for all the passengers up to 30 min. before the scheduled departure of the train.
If you don’t know already, all banks levy a transaction charge of Rs. 10, which is non-refundable. Banks such as Bank of Baroda and IDBI Bank don’t levy any transaction charge for e-ticket booking.
Learn how to: