IRCTC Train Ticket Booking
One can also check Train PNR Status Live on its website or app.
Train Ticket Reservations:
IRCTC UTS (Unreserved Ticketing System):
Also with an offline mode, the IRCTC UTS helps a passenger to access the ticket even without internet. One can pay for the ticket through an R-wallet (Railway wallet) which is an online wallet by the Indian Railways.
IRCTC FTR (Full Tariff Rate):
The registration can be done a maximum of six months in advance and a minimum of 30 days prior to the journey date. Railways have fixed a security deposit of Rs. 50,000/coach and in case of special trains a minimum of 18 coaches will be charged.
IRCTC Current, General, Tatkal & Ladies quota Booking:
Q. How can IRCTC ID be created?
Q. What is the process to verify IRCTC account?
Q. Is it possible to modify my IRCTC user ID?
Q. How to login for IRCTC booking?
Q. How to recover IRCTC password?
Head to the IRCTC website and select Login from the menu on the top right hand corner. The Login menu will open up. Click on ''. Further on, it will ask you to enter your username and the Captcha code. Click 'next'. You will then receive an OTP on your registered mobile number as well as your registered email id. Now, you need to sign in again. Enter the IRCTC username followed by the OTP and the new password. Continue by confirming the password, and entering the new Captcha code. Login now with your new password.
Q. How can I check my train in Irctc?
Q. Without logging in, how can I get a print out of my train ticket?
IRCTC - Tourist Trains and Tour Packages:
Note: If you want more details, you can log in to the IRCTC website.
- Destinations: Agra, Ajmer, Amritsar, Haridwar, Jaipur, Mathura, Udaipur, Vaishnodevi
- Fares: INR 11,340 per person (GST included)
- Duration: 11 Nights/12 Days
Golden Triangle of South India:
- Destinations: Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty
- Fares: INR 9580 approximately
- Duration: 6 Nights/7 Days
Steam Express (Fairy Queen):
- Destinations: Delhi, Alwar, Sariska
- Fares: INR 8600 per adult, INR 4300 per child
- Duration: 1 Night/2 Days
DHR (Darjeeling Himalayan Railway) Joyride:
- Morning Tour: This tour is from Darjeeling to Ghum and back; it also makes a stop at the DHR Museum in Ghum. The fare is INR 620 approximately.
- Afternoon Tour: This tour is same as above, only it is scheduled in the afternoons. The fare is also same as above.
- D.H.R. Heritage Toy Train Safari: This toy train safari, which runs seasonally and is not always in service, takes passengers through the verdant woodlands of Mahanadi Reserve Forest situated at an altitude of about 1,404 ft. The fare is INR 610.
Indian Railways Luxury Trains:
The Deccan Odyssey:
Destinations: The route depends on the package you choose.
- Maharashtra Splendor
- Susegado Goa
- Indian Odyssey
- Jewels of the Deccan
- Maharashtra Wild Trail
- Hidden Treasures of Gujarat
- Indian Sojourn
- Fares: INR 4,27,000 for single occupancy
- Duration: 7 Nights/8 Days
Heritage on Wheels:
- Destinations: Jaipur, Bikaner, Tal Chhapar, Nawalgarh & Shekhawati-Jaipur
- Fares: INR 19,000 for single occupancy
- Duration: 4 Nights/4 Days
Palace on Wheels:
- Destinations: Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Ranthambore National Park, Chittorgarh, Keoladeo National Park and Agra.
- Fares: Single Occupancy fare starts at INR 3,63, 300
- Duration: 7 Nights/8 Days
Destinations: The route depends upon the package you choose. The packages are:
- Heritage of India
- Treasures of India
- Gems of India
- Indian Panorama
- Indian Splendor
You will have to log in to https://www.the- maharajas.com/ for detailed package information.
- Fares: The fare varies from package to package
- Duration: The duration also varies from package to package
|IRCTC stands for||Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation|
|IRCTC Tickets Booked in a Day||Approx. 15 to 16 lakh|
|IRCTC Train Ticket Booking Timings||All Days Except 1 Hr in a day (11:30pm to 12:20am) for maintenance|
|IRCTC website's shut down timings for maintenance||11:30pm to 12:30am|
|How Many passenger per PNR can be booked on IRCTC Tatkal e-tickets?||Maximum of 4 Passengers|
|Senior citizen concession allowed in IRCTC tatkal booking quota.||Not Allowed|
|IRCTC Tatkal Booking Timings For AC berth||10 AM to 11 AM (one day in advance of the actual date of journey)|
|IRCTC Tatkal Booking Timings For Non AC berth||11 AM to 12 PM (one day in advance of the actual date of journey)|
|Fixed IRCTC Tatkal Charges for second class||10% of the basic fare|
|Fixed IRCTC Tatkal Charges for Other Class||30% of the basic fare|
|Cancellation charges for confirmed ticket, cancelled more than 48 hrs before scheduled departure time||
Cancellation charges shall be deductedRs.
240/- for AC First Class/Executive Class
Rs.200/- for AC 2 Tier/First Class
Rs. 180 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy
Rs.120/- for Sleeper Class
Rs.60/- for Second Class
|Cancellation charges for confirmed ticket, cancelled within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure time||25% of the fare|
|Cancellation charges for confirmed ticket, cancelled in less than 12 hours before the scheduled departure time||50% of the fare|