IRCTC Ticket Booking on ixigo
ixigo.com offers easy and fastest IRCTC ticket booking services via its train app and website using IRCTC login. Besides booking the ticket online, you can search for train routes, schedules, check for seat availability & latest train fares. You can also get your PNR Status & confirmation chances. Along with online train reservations, the IRCTC tatkal service is also available on the ixigo platform. It also assists you in deciding whether to book train tickets or not if the train is on the waitlist. It also predicts PNR confirmation chances before booking an IRCTC ticket & keep the prediction updated till your journey date/ticket gets confirmed. ixigo with its high-end tech services on website and trains app maintains the irctc train information updated in real time for passengers to book tickets hassle free.
IRCTC Next Generation Ticket Booking
IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation) has changed the face of train travel in India. Besides e-tickets, it also offers i-tickets (regular tickets). These tickets are booked online and delivered by post to your doorstep. IRCTC next generation website also offers rail tour packages, spanning hotel bookings, tourist trains, car rentals, e-ticketing as well as i-ticketing. It also runs a 24*7 support centre that helps passengers with issues like train ticketing, train timings, tour bookings and seat availability. ixigo offers one of the best IRCTC Train ticket booking services and all other important services powered by IRCTC, required for planning a train journey. IRCTC Train Ticket Reservation system has enabled different types of ticket booking categories based on age, sex, emergency, inability and other quotas. These bookings are available online and offline both, except for some. Tatkal tickets are booked at different time intervals for ac & sleeper class. There are ticket booking fare concession schemes also introduced by IRCTC i.e. for senior citizen, student, ladies quotas and handicapped.
IRCTC Seat Availability and Train Enquiry
IRCTC Seat Availability check helps you find out the seat/berth availability in a train and of a particular class whenever you are planning travel via train. It enables passenger to make train ticket booking according to their choices of travel facilities and also avail benefits of it. You can also seek the IRCTC train enquiry services to know detailed info about the availability of trains, seats, train timetable, travel fare, concessions, quotas or anything else that is needed for train travel purpose. It also helps to check trains between two stations and provides a list of all available trains for a particular route. ixigo helps you out in booking train tickets, train enquiries and checking on train seat availability via trains app or its website.
IRCTC PNR Status Check
PNR Status stands for Passenger Name Record and its a 10 digit unique number issued by IRCTC's computerised reservation system to every ticket after booking is done. It contains the personal details of a passenger i.e. age, sex. It helps you to find out the current status of waitlisted booked ticket, whether it is confirmed or not. Sometimes booked tickets are upgraded to higher classes whenever there is an availability, so ixigo helps you to find out the current PNR status of booked train ticket via trains app or its website.
IRCTC Live Train Running Status
Tracking of GPS enabled Indian Railways trains at real-time and spot current status of your train is known as train running status. It provides information about the last reported location of the train with estimated arrival time and estimated departure time for next upcoming railway stations in the route of that respective train. Check Train Running Status by just adding Train No. & get your Train details through Live Running Train Status of IRCTC Train.
How to book IRCTC Ticket on ixigo?
- Visit the train section on ixigo.com website or train app.
- Choose the source and destination station
- Select the date of Journey and class
- Enter the button "Search Trains"
- A list of trains along with their seat availability & travel fare will be delivered to you
- Choose any train ticket from the options according to your travel requirement
- Fill in the passenger details as required
- Recheck the passenger details once more before payment option
- Login with your IRCTC credentials and then do the payment.
- You will receive a message of ticket details on your entered mobile number
- The booked ticket is also sent to the registered email id
IRCTC Ticket Booking Types
General BookingGeneral Tickets can be booked offline at the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) or online through IRCTC. Alternately, you can simplify the entire process by downloading the ixigo train app and searching for trains between stations, their schedules, check fares and then book directly with IRCTC.
Tatkal Ticket BookingTatkal ticket booking facility is available in all Mail/Express trains including all special trains. Tatkal means 'immediately’. It enables a passenger to book a ticket one day in advance of the actual date of journey. It can be booked online on ixigo.com or via an agent and through a Indian Railways reservation window. Tatkal tickets can be cancelled. Introduced in 2014, Premium tatkal and tatkal are the same but it costs more than twice of a tatkal ticket. Premium Tatkal can only be booked online and the tickets cannot be cancelled.
- Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM for AC Classes and 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on One day in advance actual date of journey excluding date of journey
- Tatkal quota gives about 10 reserved seats for AC-II, 16 for AC-III and 16 for AC Chair Car and about 30 percent of total seats in sleeper class, i.e. 24 out of 72 berths in every coach.
- Difference between Tatkal and Premium Tatkal is that Premium Tatkal tickets are available Online only. Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Premium Tatkal ticket booking is same as Tatkal ticket booking.
Premium Tatkal BookingPremium Tatkal Booking: Introduced in the year 2014, Premium Tatkal works on dynamic pricing. This means passengers will be charged a higher price in case of increased demand and a lower price if the demand is less. Confirmed tickets are only booked under premium tatkal quota and could not be cancelled once booked. This booking is available only online and no preferences are allowed under this quota.
- Premium Tatkal Quota is introduced by the Indian Railways for few seats with a dynamic fare to book the train tickets.
- Premium Tatkal booking timings are same as of Tatkal i.e. 10.00 AM for AC classes and 11.00 AM for non-AC classes.
- This quota is not applicable to all trains as only few trains have the option of ticket booking under Premium Tatkal quota.
- It gives a chance for a last minute passenger to try getting confirmed ticket in a train. It applies higher fare rates which is loosely based on the airlines ticketing model.
Ladies Quota in IRCTCIRCTC Ladies Quota ticket booking was introduced in the year 2011, which provides concessions to women who are either travelling alone or with a child below 12 years of age. There are only 6 berths available under ladies quota in the entire train. These concessions are offered only in sleeper class (SL) and second sitting (2S).
- A user can book a maximum of six tickets in a calendar month under this quota.
- Ladies quota can be used if only female or a group of female want to travel on a single ticket.Under this quota, children below 12 years are also considered.
- This quota is meant for ladies upto the age of 45 years travelling alone or with a child below 3 years of age. It is available only in Sleeper class and is present in most trains on Indian Railways. However, there are only SIX berths available under this quota in the Entire Train.
IRCTC Senior Citizen QuotaIRCTC also offers discounted tickets for senior citizens, students, disabled citizens and more. One can pay through cash, credit cards and debit cards on the IRCTC website and the IRCTC Mobile App. Also, for the latest online information about where is my train for any train or any destination, you can now check it through ixigo website or train app.
- You can book a senior citizens ticket under the quota and your ticket under general quota at the same time to avail senior citizens concession.
- Male senior citizens of minimum 60 years and Lady senior citizens of minimum 58 years are granted concession in the fares of all classes of Mail/Express/Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan-Shatabdi/Duronto group of trains. The element of concession is 40% for men and 50% for women.
- Senior citizen concession can be availed even on premium trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto for all classes but when it comes to tickets under Tatkal, they have to pay full fare. They have to pay the fare excluding tatkal charges i.e. general ticket fare.
Unreserved Ticketing System"Unreserved Ticketing System on mobile" (UTS) is an app which allows passengers to book an unreserved paperless ticket for a journey between any two stations. This app eliminates any need for a passenger to visit a counter for an unreserved ticket. After booking, one can also collect the unreserved paperless ticket from an automatic ticket vending machine in any part of the country.
Also with an offline mode, it helps the passengers to access the ticket even without internet. One can pay for a ticket through an R-wallet (Railway wallet), an online wallet by the Indian Railways. For example, you can use your unreserved ticket at stations in cities like Chennai, Bangalore, Secunderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi.
Download the app and register to use the R-wallet. You can recharge your R-wallet at any railway booking counter. But, remember you cannot recharge beyond INR 5000. You can also buy platform tickets as well as season and journey tickets using the app. For an unreserved ticket, you can book 15 metres away from any station. For journey tickets, you can book 5 km from the starting station. While for a platform ticket, the distance is 2 km from the departure station. These restrictions do not apply on the booking of a season ticket.
Your ticket is sent to the app where you can use the 'show ticket' option to check the ticket at the time of checking.
FTR (Full Tariff Rate)To make online booking of train coaches easier for occasions such as marriage party or tour, IRCTC FTR (Full Tariff Rate) allows bookings for an entire train or a single coach via its website. One can book through a 'single window booking system' of IRCTC.
The registration can be done a maximum of six months in advance and a minimum of 30 days before the journey date. Indian Railways have fixed a security deposit of Rs. 50,000/coach and in case of special trains a minimum of 18 coaches will be charged. The whole transaction has to be carried out only digitally. A facilitation charge of 5% is levied by IRCTC on your total fare for booking these trains or coaches.
Presently, IRCTC FTR booking is allowed only for journeys starting from the stations of the Western Railway Zone. At the time of booking, an individual or a party needs to provide basic information like the booking type, the route and details of the coaches. Once the registration is done, you get a reference number and a registration amount. After the payment against the reference number is complete, an FTR number is generated. IRCTC needs to receive the amount within six days of making the registration.
In case of cancellation of an FTR booking or IRCTC decides to cancel your booking, the refund is processed through a manual procedure which involves the Chief Commercial Manager.
A maximum of 10 coaches can be booked by a party through FTR in a single train on a single tour. However, you can book a maximum of 24 coaches of an FTR train which includes 2 SLR (Seating-cum-Luggage Rake) coaches. The registration amount for a coach for 1 week is Rs. 50,000. For extended journeys beyond 7 days, an additional INR 10,000 per day, per coach is charged.
IRCTC Valid ID Proof
- Aadhar card
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Central/State Government issued Photo ID card
- Nationalised Bank Passbook
- Student ID Card Issued by Govt. Approved School/College
IRCTC Train TypesIndian Railways is one of the most popular modes of transportation connecting different cities, towns, capitals. IRCTC offers train tickets booking in these trains that include high-speed, fully air-conditioned, long distance, day-light, economy class, seasonal trains, special trains and mountain trains. Mentioned below the list of train types;
Vande Bharat Express, Tejas Express, Humsafar Express, Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express, Duronto Express, Jansadharan Express, Antyodaya Express, Vivek Express, Gatimaan Express, Jan Shatabdi Express, Garib Rath Express, Mahamana Express, Rajya Rani Express, Sampark Kranti Express, Uday Express, Yuva Express, Kavi Guru Express, Double Decker Express
IRCTC Tour PackagesThere are several special tourist trains and tour packages offered by IRCTC that take passengers through the most famous destinations across the length and breadth of India. Bharat Darshan, North East Safari, Golden Triangle of North India, Dakshin Bharat Darshan are some of the popular IRCTC tour packages.
Indian Railways Luxury Trains:IRCTC offers luxury trains in India which take passengers to some of the famous travel destinations in India. There are some elite trains of India cater to tourists who want to explore the rich cultural heritage of India in the lap of luxury. From incredible interiors to mesmeric ambience and lavish gastronomical feasts, these trains offer almost luxury you can imagine. Take a look at some of these luxury trains.
- The Deccan Odyssey: The Deccan Odyssey is an Indian Railways initiative that brings royalty to life with 6 newly expertly-crafted itineraries. With this great train, you can now travel in luxury across quite a few famous destinations in the state of Maharashtra.
- Fairy Queen Express: The historical Steam Express is a 60-seater air-conditioned chair car that recreates an old-world charm and chugs along some of the most historically important destinations in the country.
- Maharajas Express: The most luxurious venture by IRCTC, Maharajas’ Express is India’s most expensive luxury train. It covers several important tourist destinations in India. It offers a choice of 5 different packages.
- Palace on Wheels: One of the most luxurious trains by railways, Palace on Wheels will let you explore the royal and majestic land of Rajasthan while getting an awesome ‘Maharaja’ service.
- Royal Rajasthan On Wheels: ‘Royal Rajasthan On Wheels’ takes passengers through the gorgeous tourist attractions of Rajasthan.
Q. What are new IRCTC Ticket Booking Guidelines from 1st June'20?
- E-Ticketing will be done through IRCTC website or through Mobile App.
- Advance Reservation Period shall be of maximum 30 days.
- RAC and Waitlisted tickets will be also issued along with the confirm tickets.
- Passengers with confirm and RAC tickets will be only allowed to board the train.
- No tickets will be issued onboard
- No tatkal and premium tatkal ticket booking will be permitted in these trains
Q. What are the new IRCTC rules for passengers from 1st June'20?
- Passengers with confirmed and RAC tickets are only allowed to board the train.
- Face mask is mandatory for all the passengers.
- Passengers have to reach the railway station at least 90 minutes before the scheduled departure of train.
- Will have to maintain social distancing on station and train both.
- On Arrival to destination, passemgers will have to follow the health protocols recommended by respective states.
Q. How can I create an IRCTC Login ID?
Q. How can I verify my IRCTC account?
Q. Can I change IRCTC Login ID?
Q. How can I log in my IRCTC account?
Q. How to recover IRCTC password?
Q. How can I check my train status?
Q. What is the current reservation feature of IRCTC?
Q. How can I print my train ticket without login?