IRCTC Ticket Booking
IRCTC Ticket Booking Types
- CNF - It means confirmed. The ticket status shows as CNF when seats are confirmed.
- RAC - It stands for Reservation Against Cancellation meaning the train ticket has a confirmed seat but wait-listed berth. If the tickets are booked under RAC status, then the allocated berth has to be split into two seats.
- WL - Waiting List is a ticket status that gets confirmed only if the passengers on the same train who have booked before you cancel their ticket.
- GNWL - General Waiting List. The probability of this ticket status getting confirmed is very high.
- PQWL - Pooled Quota Waiting List status is issued when a passenger is travelling from the origin station to a station short of the last station, or from an intermediate station to the last station, or between any two intermediate stations.
- RLWL - Remote Location Waiting List means a ticket has been issued to a passenger for intermediate stations (between the origin and terminating station). These intermediate stations are usually the most important towns on the route in particular.
- TQWL - Tatkal Quota Waiting List. This is the waiting list for Tatkal tickets. The tickets in Tatkal get confirmed directly, instead of going through RAC. However during chart preparation GNWL is preferred over TQWL.
Tatkal Ticket Booking
Ladies Quota in IRCTC
IRCTC Senior Citizen Quota
Unreserved Ticketing System
Also with an offline mode, it helps the passengers to access the ticket even without internet. One can pay for a ticket through an R-wallet (Railway wallet), an online wallet by the Indian Railways. For example, you can use your unreserved ticket at stations in cities like Chennai, Bangalore, Secunderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi.
Download the app and register to use the R-wallet. You can recharge your R-wallet at any railway booking counter. But, remember you cannot recharge beyond INR 5000. You can also buy platform tickets as well as season and journey tickets using the app. For an unreserved ticket, you can book 15 metres away from any station. For journey tickets, you can book 5 km from the starting station. While for a platform ticket, the distance is 2 km from the departure station. These restrictions do not apply on the booking of a season ticket.
Your ticket is sent to the app where you can use the 'show ticket' option to check the ticket at the time of checking.
FTR (Full Tariff Rate)
The registration can be done a maximum of six months in advance and a minimum of 30 days before the journey date. Indian Railways have fixed a security deposit of Rs. 50,000/coach and in case of special trains a minimum of 18 coaches will be charged. The whole transaction has to be carried out only digitally. A facilitation charge of 5% is levied by IRCTC on your total fare for booking these trains or coaches.
Presently, IRCTC FTR booking is allowed only for journeys starting from the stations of the Western Railway Zone. At the time of booking, an individual or a party needs to provide basic information like the booking type, the route and details of the coaches. Once the registration is done, you get a reference number and a registration amount. After the payment against the reference number is complete, an FTR number is generated. IRCTC needs to receive the amount within six days of making the registration.
In case of cancellation of an FTR booking or IRCTC decides to cancel your booking, the refund is processed through a manual procedure which involves the Chief Commercial Manager.
A maximum of 10 coaches can be booked by a party through FTR in a single train on a single tour. However, you can book a maximum of 24 coaches of an FTR train which includes 2 SLR (Seating-cum-Luggage Rake) coaches. The registration amount for a coach for 1 week is Rs. 50,000. For extended journeys beyond 7 days, an additional INR 10,000 per day, per coach is charged.
IRCTC Valid ID Proof
- Aadhar card
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Central/State Government issued Photo ID card
- Nationalised Bank Passbook
- Student ID Card Issued by Govt. Approved School/College
- Premium Tatkal Quota
- Tatkal Quota
- Ladies Quota
- Senior Citizen Quota
- Defence Quota
- Lower Berth Quota
- Physically Handicapped Quota
- Headquarters/High official Quota
- Parliament House Quota
- Foreign Tourist Quota
- Duty Pass Quota
- Yuva Quota
IRCTC Train Types
- Vande Bharat Express
- Tejas Express
- Humsafar Express
- Rajdhani Express
- Shatabdi Express
- Duronto Express
- Jansadharan Express
- Antyodaya Express
- Vivek Express
- Gatimaan Express
- Jan Shatabdi Express
- Garib Rath Express
- Mahamana Express
- Rajya Rani Express
- Sampark Kranti Express
- Uday Express
- Yuva Express
- Kavi Guru Express
- Double Decker Express
- AC Express
IRCTC Useful Links
IRCTC Tour Packages
- Destinations: Guruvayur, Kanyakumari, Madurai, Mysore, Rameshwaram, Tirupati, Trivandrum, Kurnool Town
- Fares: Starts from Rs.10,395 per person
- Duration: 10 Nights/11 Days
North East Safari:
- Destinations: Guwahati, Shillong, Kaziranga
- Fares: Starts from Rs.27,470 per person
- Duration: 5 Nights
Golden Triangle of North India:
- Destinations: Agra, Delhi, Fatehpur Sikri and Jaipur
- Fares: INR 10,085 approximately
- Duration: 5 Nights/6 Days
Fairy Queen Express:
- Destinations: Delhi, Alwar and Rewari
- Fares: Rs.3,402 per adult, Rs.1,701 per child
- Duration: 1 Night/2 Days
Dakshin Bharat Darshan:
- Destinations: Kanyakumari, Kovalam, Madurai, Mallikarjun, Rameshwaram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirupati and Trivandrum
- Fares: Rs.12,285 per adult
- Duration: 12 Nights/13 Days
Indian Railways Luxury Trains:
The Deccan Odyssey:
Destinations: The route depends on the package you choose.
- Maharashtra Splendor
- Susegado Goa
- Indian Odyssey
- Jewels of the Deccan
- Maharashtra Wild Trail
- Hidden Treasures of Gujarat
- Indian Sojourn
Fares: For international travellers: US$5,810 + 4.5% Service tax
For Indian travellers: INR 3,71,900 + 4.5% Service tax
- Duration: 7 Nights/8 Days
Destinations: The route depends upon the package you choose. The packages are:
- Heritage of India
- Treasures of India
- Gems of India
- Indian Panorama
- Indian Splendor
You will have to log in to Maharajas' Express for detailed package information.
- Fares: The fare varies from package to package
- Duration: The duration also varies from package to package
Palace on Wheels:
- Destinations: Delhi, Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra.
Fares: For international travellers: US$3500 + 4.5% Service tax
For Indian travellers: Rs. 2,10,000 + 4.5% Service tax
- Duration: 7 Nights/8 Days
|IRCTC stands for||Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation|
|Tickets Booked in a Day||Approx. 15 to 16 lakh|
|Train Ticket Booking Timings||All Days Except 1 Hr in a day (11:30 pm to 12:20 am) for maintenance|
|IRCTC website shut down timings for maintenance||11:30 pm to 12:30 am|
|How Many passengers per Indian Railways PNR can be booked on IRCTC Tatkal e-tickets?||Maximum of 4 Passengers|
|Tatkal Booking Timings For AC berth||10 AM to 11 AM (one day in advance of the actual date of journey)|
|Tatkal Booking Timings For Non AC berth||11 AM to 12 PM (one day in advance of the actual date of journey)|
|Cancellation charges for a confirmed ticket, cancelled more than 48 hrs before scheduled departure time||
Cancellation charges shall be deducted
Rs.240/- for AC First Class/Executive Class
Rs.200/- for AC 2 Tier/First Class
Rs. 180 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy
Rs.120/- for Sleeper Class
Rs.60/- for Second Class
|IRCTC Next Generation||An upgraded version of IRCTC website with added/extra functionality.|
|Retiring Rooms||Various rooms provided across different railway stations which can be booked in case there is a long wait time between trains.|
Q. How can I create an IRCTC Login ID?
Q. How can I verify my IRCTC account?
Q. Can I change IRCTC Login ID?
Q. How can I log in my IRCTC account?
Q. How to recover IRCTC password?
Q. How can I check my train status?
Q. What is the current reservation feature of IRCTC?
Q. How can I print my train ticket without login?