Tatkal Ticket Booking
How to book Tatkal Tickets?
Tatkal booking timings is 10am for AC class (1A/2A/3A/CC/EC/3E) and at 11am for Non- AC class (SL/FC/2S), one day before the schedule departure of your train. Tatkal Tickets could booked both ways, online and offline. You can book a maximum of only 4 passengers per PNR. You can book a tatkal ticket from PRS counter of Indian Railways or through an IRCTC account online. Check tatkal ticket availability for your train and also the ticket confirmation probability/prediction.
- Login to your IRCTC account via ixigo.
- Select your travel source station and destination
- Choose your date of journey
- Now select quota as ‘TATKAL’ and search for trains
- Click on ‘BOOK NOW’ for the preferred train from the list
- Fill in the passengers detail carefully like Name, Age, Gender, Seat Preference, etc.
- Select your Payment mode like internet banking, payment wallet, credit or debit card and pay for the ticket
- Print your e-ticket
Tatkal ticket charges as per IRCTC:
Tatkal ticket charges are fixed at the rate of 10% of the basic fare for second class and 30% of the basic fare for all other classes, subject to a minimum and maximum fee.
|Class of Travel||
|Reserve Second sitting (2S)||10||15|
|AC Chair Car||125||225|
|AC 3 Tier||300||400|
|AC 2 Tier||400||500|
Tatkal ticket cancellation
Tatkal Ticket FAQ
Q. What is Tatkal Reservation?
Q. What are the Tatkal booking timings?
- For AC Classes: 10am
- For NON-AC Classes: 11am
Q. What are the rules for Tatkal tickets?
- Confirmed Tatkal tickets can be cancelled, but no refunds are provided.
- Unsold Tatkal tickets are released to passengers who are on a waiting list.
- TQWL: It stands for Tatkal Quota Waiting List, when ticket booking goes beyond the tatkal ticket availability.
- General and ladies quota cannot be opted for along with Tatkal.
- Tatkal reservation is also available in Executive Class of Shatabdi Express trains
- No duplicate Tatkal tickets are issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets can only be issued in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including the Tatkal charges.
- Change of name is not permitted on the bookings made under the IRCTC Tatkal booking scheme.
Q. What is the difference between Tatkal and Premium Tatkal?
|IRCTC Tatkal booking charges are fixed||Premium Tatkal tickets have dynamic fare pricing for classes|
|Agents can book tickets under this quota||Agents are not allowed to book tickets under this quota|
|RAC/ Waitlist ticket booking is allowed||Only confirmed ticket gets booked|
|Passengers are waitlisted||No waitlisting in Premium Tatkal|
|Tickets can be cancelled||Tickets cannot be cancelled|
|Preferential allowances are given to senior citizens and children||No preferential allowances are given to any passengers|
|Tatkal ticket availability: Available at the counters and online platforms||Only available at online platforms|
Q. Can we book a Tatkal ticket on the same day as the journey?
Q. What is the cost of the Tatkal ticket?
Q. Is senior citizen Quota available for Tatkal?
Q. Can we book Tatkal tickets online?