ixigo.com is a travel website owned and operated by Travenues, hereinafter referred to as (“ixigo”/ “we”/ “us” or “our”).
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to this User Agreement at any time and for any reason.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, the site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
Provided that You are eligible to use the Site, You are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the site, the Content and the Marks.
By using the site, you represent and warrant that:
- All registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary
- You have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with this User Agreement;
- You are not under the age of 18;
- not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use the Site;
- you will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
- You will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- Your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or we have reason to believe that password might have compromised to any external threat.
FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES, FAKE CALLS & SCAMS
ixigo representatives will never ask for any personal information like credit/debit card number, CVV, OTP, card expiry date, user IDs, passwords, etc. Also, you will never be asked to install any third-party applications that grant access to your mobile or computer screen.
Beware of anyone who is claiming to be associated with ixigo. Acting on any such requests may make you a victim of fraud, potentially leading to the loss of valuable information or money.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a User of the Site, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- trick, defraud, or mislead us and other Users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as User passwords;
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- attempt to impersonate another User or person or use the username of another User.
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
Contributions may be viewable by other Users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By posting your Contributions to any part of the Site or making Contributions accessible to the Site by linking your account from the Site to any of your social networking accounts, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site.
You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We may provide you areas on the Site to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
- you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed
- your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language
- your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability;
- your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity;
- you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
- you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
- you may not post any false or misleading statements;
- you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
MOBILE APPLICATION LICENSE
You shall not:
(1) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the application;
(2) make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work from the application;
(3) violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations in connection with your access or use of the application;
(4) remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) posted by us or the licensors of the application;
(5) use the application for any revenue generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended;
(6) make the application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple devices or users at the same time;
(7) use the application for creating a product, service, or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the application;
(8) use the application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail;
(9) use any proprietary information or any of our interfaces or our other intellectual property in the design, development, manufacture, licensing, or distribution of any applications, accessories, or devices for use with the application.
Apple and Android Devices
The following terms apply when you use a mobile application obtained from either the Apple Store or Google Play Store (each an “App Distributor”) to access the Site:
(1) the license granted to you for our mobile application is limited to a non-transferable license to use the application on a device that utilizes the Apple iOS or Android operating systems, as applicable, and in accordance with the usage rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor’s terms of service;
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third-Party Account login information through the Site; or (2) allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account.
You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from your Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account.
Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site.
Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your Third-Party Accounts at any time.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content.
You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site.
You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Accounts, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Site may contain (or you may be sent via the Site) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”).
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements.
Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights.
We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
(3) in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof;
(4) in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
(5) otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
We do not knowingly accept, request, or solicit information from children or knowingly market to children. If we receive actual knowledge that anyone under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from the Site as quickly as is reasonably practical.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENTS
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any Intellectual Property Rights (“IPR”) you own or control, please immediately notify us at [email protected]. A copy of your notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the notification.
Please be advised that pursuant to applicable law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in your notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site infringes your IPR, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
Over and above booking charges for the products/ services offered on the Site, ixigo may charge certain fees in the nature of convenience fees, service fees, payment gateway charges (“Additional Fees”) for making services conveniently available to User online. ixigo further reserves the right to alter any and all fees from time to time without prior notice to the User. Any such Additional Fees will be displayed to the User before confirming the booking or collecting the payment to enable you to make an informed choice.
The User is responsible for payment of all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments resulting out of the use of the Site, as per the applicable laws. In cases where booking amount, taxes, statutory fee, service fees, convenience fee, payment gateway charges etc.are not properly charged or undercharged (“Balance Amount”), owing to any technical error or other reason, ixigo reserves the right to deduct, charge or claim the Balance Amount from the User and the User shall pay such Balance Amount to ixigo. In cases where such Balance Amount is claimed prior to the utilization of the booking, ixigo will be at liberty to cancel such bookings if the amount is not paid before the utilization date.
In the event there is any addition in the prices charged by us as a result of change in applicable law including but not limited to, changes in tax rates or imposition of new taxes, or levies by Government, such increased charge will have to be borne by the User. ixigo may introduce such additional charges without prior notice to the User and could also be retrospective, but will always be as per applicable law.
In the rare event of a booking not getting confirmed for any reason whatsoever, ixigo shall not be liable to offer an alternate booking in lieu of or to compensate the unconfirmed booking. Any succeeding booking will be regarded as a new transaction. The pertinent refund will be processed to the User as per the relevant policies of the third party and ixigo as the case may be.
No communication will ever be made by us or any of our employees or authorized representatives enquiring about a User’s credit or debit card number, expiry date, CVV, net banking login, passwords, OTP, request for a fund transfer to a personal or an individual bank account, installation of any third-party applications that enable them to view a User’s mobile or computer screen. Acting on any of these requests may make you a victim of fraud, and may potentially lead to loss of your valuable money or information.
Please be advised to not share your personal sensitive information like credit/debit card number, CVV, OTP, card expiry date, user IDs, passwords etc. with any person including the agents, employees or representatives of ixigo. If any such details are requested by any of our agents, employees or representatives, please inform us at the earliest on the contact details mentioned below. However, ixigo shall not be liable for any loss that the User incurs for sharing the aforesaid details.
All booking(s) made on the Site are subject to the applicable cancellation policy made visible and communicated to the Users on the Site in writing. The applicable refunds on cancelled bookings will be processed to the relevant User account either by way of Ixigo money or reversed to same banking instrument (credit card, debit card, Bank account, wallet etc.) from which initial payment was made.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This User Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS USER AGREEMENT, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SITE OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WARNING, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time.
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time or for any reason without notice. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site.
This User Agreement and your use of the Site are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the Parties shall refer any unresolved disputes to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Delhi.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the Site, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TRANSACTION IN QUESTION.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site.
You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SITE.
You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
For ease of Users, we also send booking confirmations, itinerary information, cancellations, payment confirmation/status, refund status, booking failure information or any such other information relevant to the transaction or booking made by the User, via SMS, internet-based messaging applications like WhatsApp, voice call, e-mail or any other alternate communication information furnished by the User at the time of booking.
You hereby consent that any such communication through SMS, WhatsApp, voice call, email or any other mode by us are:
- as per your request and authorization;
- ‘transactional’ and not an ‘unsolicited commercial communication’ as per the guidelines of Telecom Regulation Authority of India (TRAI), and
- in compliance with appropriate guidelines of TRAI or other relevant authority in India and abroad as applicable.
You hereby agree to indemnify us against any losses and damages incurred by us due to any action taken by TRAI or any other authority due to any erroneous complaint filed by the User on us on account of communications sent to User as above or failed communication due to a wrong number or email ID shared by the User for any reason whatsoever.
This User Agreement and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between User and ixigo. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this User Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
This User Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay, or failure to act caused by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
If any provision or part of a provision of this User Agreement is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from this User Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
There is no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of this User Agreement or use of the Site. You agree that this User Agreement will not be construed against us by virtue of having drafted them.
You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of this User Agreement.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding the use of the Site, please contact us at:
Le Travenues Technology Limited
Second Floor, Veritas Building, Sector 53,
Golf Course Road, Gurugram-122002, India.
Phone Number: +91 124 6682111
Email Address: [email protected]
TERMS OF SERVICE
All Services offered on Site shall be governed by the following Terms of Service:
- ixigo as a booking platform
ixigo provides a facilitator platform to enable the user to book a flight ticket. The flight tickets shown to User on the Site for booking are subject to the terms and conditions of the concerned airline, including but not limited to delay, change, cancellation and refund.
Each respective airline retains the right to reschedule the timings of the flights, routes, cancellation or change in itineraries without prior intimation to us. As a facilitator, ixigo has no control or authority over the logistics of the airlines and therefore is not liable for any loss, direct or incidental, that a User may suffer due to change in details or cancellation of a booked flight. Any grievances, if any, will be handled and decided directly by the concerned airline.
the User shall ensure to carry and have sole responsibility of carrying valid travel documents at the time of the journey including but not limited to identity proof, passport, visa (including transit visa if applicable) to prove the identity, nationality and age of passengers (adult or infant) travelling on a ticket. ixigo shall have no liability for damages arising out of User inability to carry valid or appropriate documents at the time of travel.
In the event that a User does not board the onward flight on the day of travel, the entire PNR generated for that booking shall stand cancelled. ixigo under no circumstances will be liable to compensate the User for missing the flight. In such an event, the airline cancellation policy will be applicable.
Check-in timings may vary from airline to airline. Users are hereby advised to check with the airline prior for the check-in timings. Usually, check-in commences two (02) hours before departure for domestic flights, and 3 hours before departure for international flights.Pricing: Airfares shown on our platform are inclusive of various airline charges, including but not limited to Base Fare, Fuel Surcharge, User Development Fees, Passenger Service Fees, Terminal Equipment Fee, Airport Development fee, etc. as the case may be and Government Taxes. Additionally, we charge convenience/service fee (collectively referred to as “Fee”) for providing the online booking facility varying parameters selected by the User at the time of booking. The User hereby agrees to pay the entire amount including all statutory taxes, surcharges and fees, as applicable at the time of booking the ticket.
Different tickets on the same airline may carry different limitations or include different services and price, as the case may be. The baggage allowance on a given flight is shown as per the terms of the airline, and is not controlled by us. There may be instances where airline imposes “hand baggage fares” wherein User will be required to pay separately for check-in baggage. The prices for adding check-in baggage to a booking may vary from airline to airline. The User is advised to get in touch with the airlines for detailed costs/charges.Infant Fares: Infant Fares will be applicable subject to the following conditions:
1. The infant must be accompanied by an adult as per the terms of the airline.2. The infant must be under 24 months of age throughout the journey i.e. both onward as well as return journey.
3. If the infant turns 24 months or above at the time of return journey, User will be required to make a separate booking as per applicable child fare.Changes to existing booking: The User shall be liable to pay applicable charges (charged by the respective airline and ixigo) for any alteration or modification to an existing booking. However, depending on the concerned airline’s policy and fare class, amount of charge may vary.Cancellations and Refunds: All refunds are subject to airline fare rules and cancellation policy, and shall be made by ixigo only on the receipt of such refund from the airline. Users are hereby advised to check with the airline in advance and read about their cancellation policy.
THE USER AGREES THAT ANY FEE CHARGED BY IXIGO INCLUDING IXIGO SERVICE FEE AND CONVENIENCE FEE PAID BY THE USER AT THE TIME OF BOOKING IS A NON-REFUNDABLE FEE. ANY REFUND TO THE USER SHALL BE PROCESSED AFTER DEDUCTING EQUIVALENT AMOUNT TOWARDS THE FEE. .Please intimate us at the earliest where any cancellations are made directly with the airline in order to initiate the process of refund to the User. The processing time for refunds may differ depending on the mode of payment, bank etc. In instances where tickets were only partially utilized, refund shall be made after deducting any discount and/or promo code discount availed at the time of booking.
The refund will be credited to the ixigo money account and/or the same User bank account/ credit card/debit card/wallet etc. from which the payment was originally made by the User unless the User has chosen for instant refund through any other payment mode, after deducting the applicable ixigo charges. For instance, if the User used a credit card, the refund will be made to the corresponding credit card. Similarly, if the User had used a debit card for the payment, refund will be made to the same debit card. However, in the event a ticket was booked with a combination of ixigo money and debit/credit card, then the refund amount will also be refunded in the same ratio as ixigo money and the respective debit/ credit card.
In the event of cancellation of a flight ticket, the ixigo money earned for that transaction will get deducted from the User’s ixigo money account balance. In case the ixigo money balance is nil at that moment, the balance will reflect as negative and the same will be adjusted from the ixigo money earned from subsequent bookings.
- ixigo as a Metasearch platformUnder this arrangement, ixigo acts as an online facilitator platform for the User to select and book flight tickets by collating data from various Third-Party Supplier websites based on User search criteria.
Our Site also allows Users to search and compare across multiple travel site partners such as Cleartrip, Makemytrip, Goibibo etc. (collectively “Third-Party Supplier”) in addition to ixigo as a booking platform. The lowest price (including all taxes) for one particular flight is shown at the top as first search result.
Under this setup, ixigo helps the User to find the best available flight deals on Third-Party Supplier websites wherein we do not book or take direct payments. Such bookings are made on Third-Party Supplier websites. Once you choose a Supplier of your choice, you will be taken to their website to complete your booking, where you may see various payment options such as credit card, debit card, net banking, etc. provided by them. You may also opt to book on the ixigo platform in the manner provided in point 1) above.
Once you complete your flight booking via ixigo on one of our partner websites, they will send you a confirmation email with all your booking details. In case you do not receive this mail please directly contact the respective Third-Party Supplier.
ixigo will not be liable for any issues relating to booking or payment that you make directly with the Third-Party Supplier website and in case of any such issues Users are advised to contact the Third-Party Supplier. For ease of Users, however, ixigo will always assist to escalate User issues with the respective Third-Party Supplier.
As the payment is not collected by ixigo directly, Users are advised to contact the Third-Party Supplier directly in case of any disputes including the issues relating to change in timings, refund, cancellations, change in route, meals opted, baggage allowance, etc.
ixigo Fare Recommendationsfare recommendations help the Users to identify the best time to book their flights. Ixigo recommendations are based on our proprietary data model which is derived from analysis of historical prices. However, we do not guarantee the final outcome
- ixigo as a booking platform
ixigo acts as a facilitator for Users to book and search for desired train tickets on IRCTC platform. All train bookings or reservations made on the Site are subject to the applicable terms and conditions as set out by IRCTC.Booking Process
To book train tickets, User will be redirected to IRCTC website/application. Users will need their IRCTC username and password in order to book their tickets on ixigo website/application.E-tickets are booked and issued through Indian Railways only and are subject to the rules and policies of Indian Railways. Users can book a maximum of 6 seats/ berths in a booking. Seat/ berth allotment is done by Indian Railways based on their allocation logic. Ixigo does not guarantee allotment of preferred seat/ berth. Users with a confirmed e-ticket are permitted to board the train. Their names will appear on the chart. Fully waitlisted e-tickets are automatically cancelled by IRCTC after chart preparation. If fully waitlisted passengers are found travelling, they will be treated as without-ticket and charged as per Railway rules.Booked tickets are non-transferrable and are subject to identification. Users must carry valid ID proofs such as PAN card/ Aadhar Card/ Voter ID etc. at the time of travel or boarding the train for validation.ixigo will not be responsible for any schedule change by the Railways. Users are advised to confirm their train timings 24 hours prior to the train departure.
The Railways rules and regulations may change from time to time. Please refer to http://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/StaticPages/StaticEnquiry.jsp?StaticPage=index.html for the latest rules and regulations. While we endeavor to keep the rules and regulations updated at all times but should not be held responsible for the same.
Please reach out to IRCTC directly for all relevant information/ queries relating to your bookings.Modifications
ixigo cannot make any modifications to the booked tickets, including but not limited to change in passenger names, change in route, boarding point etc. Any modifications to booked tickets can be made only by IRCTC. We suggest Users to read IRCTC amendment policy here https://www.services.irctc.co.in/beta_htmls/Eticket_new_cancel.html to know more details.
Payments, Cancellations and RefundsCancellation of booked tickets are subject to IRCTC cancellation policy and charges as per time of cancellation and booking quota (tatkal/ general/ ladies/ premium, etc.) Customers are advised to go through IRCTC cancellation policy prior to cancellation to know about the relevant cancellation charges. You can cancel a train ticket booked via ixigo, only before chart preparation.
Cancellation charges may vary depending on ticket type and time of ticket cancellation. Cancellations and refunds will be based on Indian Railways refund and TDR filing rules. These rules are subject to change by Indian Railways.
You can find complete details of the Railway cancellation policy and rules here: http://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/StaticPages/StaticEnquiry.jsp?StaticPage=refund_Rules.html&locale=en or http://contents.irctc.co.in/en/eticketCancel.html
Payment Gateway charges/service fee charged by ixigo at the time of booking the tickets are non-refundable. The refund gets credited to ixigo money and/or same User bank account/credit card/debit card/wallet, etc. used for booking tickets unless User has chosen for instant refund through any other payment mode, after deducting the applicable ixigo’s charges.
- Role of ixigo as a Metasearch Platform
ixigo acts as an online facilitator platform for the User to select and book a particular Hotel by collating data relating to Hotel availability from various Booking Partners websites based on User search criteria.
Our Site allow Users to search across multiple Hotel accommodation providers in a selected area including ixigo as a booking platform wherever applicable. Based on User search parameters, ixigo sends out requests to multiple booking partners such as Booking.com, Agoda, etc. (“Booking Partners “) and displays the results received wherein the lowest price for any particular Hotel is shown as the first search result.
ixigo helps the User to find the best available Hotel deals on Booking Partner’s websites. However, we do not book or take direct payments in such cases. All such bookings are made directly on Booking Partner’s websites. Once you choose a Supplier of your choice, you will be taken to their website to complete your booking, where you may see various payment options such as credit card, debit card, net banking, etc. You may also opt to book on Ixigo platform in the manner provided in point 2) below.
Once you complete your hotel booking via ixigo on one of our partner websites, they will send you a confirmation email with all your booking details. In case you do not receive this mail please directly contact the respective Booking Partner.
ixigo will not be liable for any issues relating to booking or payment that you make directly with the Booking Partner website and in case of any such issues Users are advised to contact the Booking Partner. For ease of Users, however, ixigo will always assist to escalate User issues with the respective Booking Partner.
‘Hotel’ shall mean all categories of accommodations like hotels, home-stays, bed and breakfast stay, etc.Eligibility: The primary guest must be at least 18 years of age to be able to book and check-in to the hotel.Role and Responsibility of the Booking Partners:
- addressing any User complaint or dispute relating to the category of the hotel and/or sufficiency of services, room type selected, amenities and facilities offered at the Hotel. All information displayed on the Site only for reference purposes. ixigo shall not be liable for any dispute arising from wrong information conveyed.
- Refund, changes or cancellation requests by the User.
- any service-related issues at the Hotel such as change in check-in/ check-out timings, extra bedding, delay in check in due to over-booking, system or technical errors, non-availability of rooms etc.
- All issues relating to payment options i.e. prepaid/postpaid etc will be governed by respective Booking Partner’s and/or Hotel policies.
In case of any disputes, Users are advised to raise them directly with the Booking Partner.
- Role of ixigo as a Booking Platform
For ease of Users to book Hotels online, ixigo has also partnered with various hotel aggregators (“Hotel Aggregators”) such as Cleartrip, Expedia etc. by providing a technology platform for booking Hotels and collecting payments directly on ixigo platform.
Under this arrangement, ixigo provides a technology platform, facilitating transactions between Hotels and Users by providing them with a choice of Hotel types, check-in and check-out time etc. However, we do not own or operate any Hotel services of our own. The selection of any specific Hotel is entirely on the choice of User. ixigo shall not be responsible for the operations of the Hotel and any service related disputes shall be raised directly with the Hotel.
- Role of ixigo as a Metasearch Platform
For ease of booking online bus tickets, ixigo has partnered with various bus aggregators (“Aggregators”) to provide a technology platform for purchase of bus tickets through their channel of bus operators.
Aggregators enable travelers to book bus tickets online by providing them with a choice of bus operators, departure time and prices. However, Aggregators do not own or operate any bus services of their own. The selection of any specific bus operator is entirely on the choice of User.Under this arrangement, Ixigo merely provides a technology platform, facilitating transactions between the bus operators and Users. Ixigo shall not be responsible for the operations of the bus operator including, but not limited to the following:
- Departure or arrival of the buses on time;
- The conduct/behaviour of bus driver or bus operator’s employees, representatives or agents;
- The physical condition of the bus, seats etc. not being up to the User’s expectation or as per the description furnished by the bus operator on the Platform;
- Cancellation of the scheduled trip due to any reasons;
- Loss or damage to the User’s luggage;
- Change in allocated seat to the User by the bus operator for any reason whatsoever;
- Bus operator notifying an incorrect boarding point on the booking confirmation voucher, or altering such boarding point later with or without any notification to Ixigo or the User;
- Bus operator using a different pick-up vehicle for transportation of the customers from the designated boarding point to the actual place of departure of the bus.Users are hereby recommended to get in touch with the bus operators in advance for details relating to exact boarding point, charges for additional baggage (if any) or any other information needed for boarding or travel for the scheduled journey.
Users are required to carry following documents at the time of boarding the bus:
- a print out of the ticket, and
- any valid ID like Aadhar card, passport, PAN card or voter ID or any other valid identity proof issued by a government authority.
Users are advised to reach the boarding place no later than thirty (30) minutes before the scheduled departure time. All tickets issued shall be non-transferable.
In the event of cancellation of bus ticket on the Site, refund will be made after deduction of applicable Aggregator and Ixigo cancellation charges. Users are advised to read through cancellation terms mentioned on the ticket/Site carefully.
Convenience/Service fee charged by Ixigo at the time of booking the tickets are non-refundable. The refund in such circumstances gets credited to ixigo money and/or same User bank account/Credit card/Debit card/Wallet etc used for booking tickets unless User has chosen for instant refund through any other payment mode, after deducting the applicable Ixigo charges.
ixigo money is ixigo’s virtual currency (1 ixigo money = Re 1). Users can earn ixigo money on each successful booking made through Ixigo platform (except train bookings) equivalent to the amount as shown at the time of booking. Users can earn ixigo money in the following ways:
- By way of booking– apply the ixigo money coupon code at the time of making your booking through ixigo platform and Users will receive ixigo money as per the applicable offer within 24 hours.
- ixigo money voucher – Users can also add ixigo money to their account by using already available ixigo money voucher. In order to add the voucher, select “ixigo money” option from the main menu of your ixigo account and click on “add ixigo money”.
- Promotional offers – ixigo may also credit ixigo money to some User accounts from time to time as a promotional offer.
Such earned ixigo money can be redeemed by the Users within a stipulated time from the date of transfer to the User account. You can read complete details relating to ixigo money here: https://www.ixigo.com/money
In the event of cancellations, refund shall be made to the original payment mode i.e. to the user bank account (debit card/ credit card)/ wallet and ixigo money account in the same ratio as was utilized at the time of booking. For instance, for the booking of Rs.1500, if Rs.1200 was paid via debit card and Rs.300 via ixigo money, refund shall be made in the same ratio to the user bank account (debit card/ credit card)/ wallet and ixigo money account as well.