The Centre confirmed that new guidelines which will come into force on May 4 would have considerable relaxations in orange and green zones.
Although Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Chennai which have a large number of hotspots may only see limited relief.
Key updates from around the country:
- The total number of coronavirus cases in India has crossed 33,000. 8,325 people have been cured and 1,074 deaths have been reported.
- The Union Home Ministry has issued fresh guidelines for interstate movement to allow stranded migrant labourers, tourists and students to return to their homes.
- The doubling rate of COVID-19 cases has slowed down to 11.3 days
- Industries located in non-containment zones in Karnataka will resume activities from May 4
- Plasma therapy trials have started in some states such as Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
- Government has shared new guidelines for patients with mild COVID-19 symptoms. Those with very mild symptoms or pre-symptomatic patients who can self isolate at home will be allowed to do so.