• Thermal screening of passengers.
• Download Arogya Setu app (not mandatory for children below 14 years).
• Report to the airport minimum 2 hours before a flight.
• A passenger will be only allowed into the terminal building if a flight is within 4 hours.
• Print baggage tag and affix on the luggage bag.
• Self dropping of luggage at least 1 hour before departure.
• Only one check-in bag and cabin bag will be allowed
• Only personal vehicles or select cab services will be allowed to take passengers and staff to the airport or from it.
• For commuting to and from the airport, both by staff and passengers, only personal vehicles or select cab services with restricted seating to be permitted.
• Following this, travellers must wear the face shield and face mask and sanitize their hands before proceeding to the gate for boarding pass scanning.
• Social distancing marks or stickers will be provided at the entry gates, screening zones and terminals.
• To maintain social distancing among passenger seating areas, chairs to be taped off or marked.
• Use of trolleys to be discouraged in the departure and arrival areas. However, passengers having any genuine reason will be provided on a request basis only.
• All the entry gates of the terminal building shall be opened to avoid crowding
• Communication material displayed at the airports regarding various health advisories on pre-boarding and in-flight precautions must be checked and followed by the travellers.
• The passenger would have to scan the e-boarding pass themselves for checking-in. However, they would have to show their ID to the airline staff at the gate.
• Announcements should be noted carefully and travellers must form the boarding queue while ensuring social distancing.
Inside the aircraft:
• Passengers must strictly follow the instructions of the aircraft crew.
• Travellers must strictly follow personal hygiene and sanitation. Face-to-face interaction with other passengers must be minimal.
• Passengers must minimize the use of toilets and avoid any non-essential movement in the aisles.
• Queuing at the toilets must be prevented and children and the elderly must be accompanied by only one companion.
• Meal service, newspapers/magazines, etc. will not be provided in the aircraft. Eatables must not be consumed during the flight. Water bottles will be made available in the gallery area or on the seats.
At the time of arrival:
• Passengers must disembark from the flight in the notified sequence.
• Trolleys in the arrival area should be used sparingly.
• Social distancing and proper sanitation should be maintained at the arrival gate, aerobridges, ramps, etc.
During baggage collection:
• Passengers must continue to maintain social distancing while waiting for the baggage to arrive at the belt.
How can I avail flight offers on ixigo?
ixigo promises to help you find the cheapest flight fares for both domestic and international routes. So check out the following points to avail flight offers
• After downloading the app and selecting your origin and destination along with dates of travel and number of passengers, simply hit search.
• Once you choose your preferred flight, add details of the passenger and click on the payment option.
• The payment option also allows you to check for relevant offers.
• Once you choose an offer, pay and your tickets will be booked.
Is ixigo currently offering a deal on flight bookings?
While booking with us, you can get instant off with each booking. Also, you can view all flight offers on the website. But please make sure to apply the coupon code at the time of making your online flight booking. Flight offers can be availed in different forms, i.e., ixigo money, ixigo money voucher and discounts on tickets. These offers can be availed by both existing and first-time users.
How can I avail cheap flight tickets?
Travelling must never stop, and one doesn't need to wait for that big airline sale for booking cheap flights. Simply follow these two tricks:
• To book cheap flight tickets, try booking on this website as it aggregates and compares real-time travel information, prices availability for flights. We provide instant off. Also, once you book on this site you can use the ‘flight fare prediction’ feature which uses history and prices to tell its users whether they should book a flight or wait for the fare to drop further. This feature even derives the best future date to book the cheapest flight to a set destination.
• Also, to avail the cheapest flight, plan your travel well in advance. Booking tickets early has always proved to be the best way to get discounted airfares.
Flight Cancellation Protection
While booking your flight ticket on this site, select the Cancellation Protection' option. Once you choose this option and pay a minor additional fee, you get to enjoy zero penalties in case you wish to cancel your domestic flight booking. You get the luxury and liberty of cancelling your booking at any given time and also claim for a refund. For example, if Rs.5,300 is the airfare, without cancellation protection your refund amount will be zero, and with cancellation protection, you will get a refund amount of Rs.5,000.
Flight Booking FAQs
Q. What are the advantages of online flight booking?
A: The main advantages range from easy ways to compare flight prices on several airlines to allowing travellers to print boarding passes at home. Flyers can compare & book flight tickets any time anywhere, even if need to travel the next day. There are also a wide variety of choices and special offers.
Q. When should I book to get the best flight ticket prices?
A: The best time to find the cheapest flight is the “prime booking window”. It ranges from 3 weeks to 3.5 months. On average, the best online flight booking time is 54 days. You'll pay much more if you wait until the last minute to book your flights.
Q. Is it cheaper to book flights last minute?
A: The only time when last-minute flights might be cheaper is during low season. This is the only time when airlines consider it reasonable to reduce their fares so close to the departure date.
Q. In how much time, my flight booking will get confirmed?
A: Flight ticket booked via ixigo gets confirmed instantly. But since all bookings made via ixigo are powered by our airline/travel partners, you will need to contact the booking provider in case of any queries. They will ask you for details such as phone number, email ID, etc. in order to resolve your query.
Q. Is it safe to use ixigo?
A: Yes! ixigo ensures that every online transaction is conducted in a secure environment. When you use your debit/credit card or any other payment method to make a transaction in your ixigo account, your card information is received by a third party that handles our payments. To ensure that your financial data is safe and secure, no card information is stored on our servers.
Q. Which website is the cheapest for flight tickets?
A: Without a doubt, you can get the cheapest flight tickets on ixigo. Whether you are looking for domestic or international flights, travelling for business or for leisure, ixigo is the best place to get cheap flight tickets. With ixigo, you can save up to 40% with our fare alert feature on domestic and international flights. Travelling has never been easier or more affordable so book your flights today on ixigo and get the cheapest fares!
Q. Why is flight ticket booking the cheapest on ixigo?
A: Flight ticket booking is the cheapest on ixigo because our platform directly searches the airline website for the best fares. Many airlines prefer to sell the cheapest flight tickets on their own website, and these web-fares are protected by the best fare guarantee. Therefore, ixigo ends up increasingly finding the cheapest prices on the same airline. That’s not all! ixigo also searches millions of routes to find the best routing for you from the price perspective. Therefore, a few airline and stop combinations found on ixigo are rather unique!
Q. How can I track flight ticket prices?
A: If you want to make sure you book your next flight ticket at the lowest fare, then use ixigo’s ‘Fare Alerts’ feature! This intelligent feature identifies when you show interest in a particular flight route, and then sends you a prompt as soon as the fare for that flight route drops! This way, ixigo ensures you get the cheapest flight ticket. Our smart fare algorithm sets the fare alert automatically based on your search.
Q. How to check my flight number?
A: On your flight ticket, whether it be an e-ticket or a physical copy, the first one/two letters indicate the name of your airline. These are known as the IATA airline code and are followed by one, two, three or four digits of the flight number.
Q. Which are the popular domestic airlines for air travel?