Air India Flight BookingLooking for Air India flight tickets? Now save upto 40% with fare alert on domestic & international Air India flights. Air India Airline flies on several routes throughout the country. Pick your favourite destination and make your Air India flight booking on ixigo.
* price is per adult & includes taxes and fees
Air India Domestic Flights
Air India International Flights
Air India AI Flight Schedule(671 routes found)
|Source||Destination||No. of Flights||First Flight||Last Flight||Select|
India’s oldest and largest airline service operator, Air India is an enterprise of the government-owned National Aviation Company of India Limited. It came into existence in July 1932 and commenced its operations on 15th October 1932. It is the premier flight carrier of India and one of the most extensive flight service providers serving both domestic and international destinations.
In 27 countries across four continents, around the world, Air India covers a total of 89 destinations which includes 52 domestic destinations and 37 international destinations as per January 2017. Indira Gandhi International Airport-New Delhi, is its primary hub while Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport- Mumbai, is the secondary hub.
The airline logo is a red coloured flying swan designed with the orange ‘Konark Chakra’ inside it. The flying swan has been altered from Air India’s characteristic logo ‘The Centaur’ and the ‘Konark Chakra’ is evocative of Indian’s logo.
How to book Air India flights?
To book an Air India airlines ticket, follow these simple steps below:
- Open www.ixigo.com/airlines/air_india-ai on your browser.
- Select the origin and destination, date of travel and number of passengers.
- Hit search.
- You get to choose from several flights based on timings and fares.
- Now continue to the payment option.
- If you have any promo code, apply now.
- Finally add the passenger details.
- Now choose your payment option to book your ticket with Air India
Air India has three types of aircrafts for its operations: Wide Body, Narrow Body and Regional Aircrafts. For selected domestic routes, Air India uses the Airbus A320 family and Boeing 787 and for long distance services, it uses the Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 777-200LR, 747 and 787 aircraft.
Free checked baggage allowance for Air India flights for adults and children includes: 15 kgs for both regular and return fare. The dimension of checked baggage should not exceed the sum of length, breadth and width which is 62 inches. For excess baggage, passengers can pay online, 6 hours prior to departure time as per the rates mentioned on the official website.
1. Visit Air India official website: www.airindia.in
2. Select Web Check-in option present under the heading “Manage Your Trip”.
3. Provide the necessary information and follow the process flow.
The web check-in facility is available 48 hours in advance and is accessible up to 2 hours before the departure time.
Keeping their commitment to punctuality, Air India informs its passengers about any changes in flight timings via SMS to provide a smooth and pleasant travel experience to all the customers.
Refund/ Cancellation Policies
- In case of no show or cancellation made in less than 24 hours prior to the departure time of flight, one hundred percent of fare per passenger per sector is forfeited.
- If cancellation is done between 24 hours to 72 hours prior to the departure time, there is a fixed penalty of INR 3500 or its equivalent in local currency per passenger per sector.
- For cancellations made between 72 hours to 7 days prior to the departure time, a fixed penalty of INR 2500 per passenger per sector is applicable.
- If you cancel the flight 7 days or more prior to the departure time, a fixed penalty of INR 2000 per passenger per sector is applicable.
Air India Airline FAQ
Q. Mention Air India’s airline code?
A: Air India’s airline code is AI.
Q. What is the process to Web Check-In in Air India?
A: The process to Web Check-In in Air India are as follows:
- 1. Visit the official website of Air india and then click on the Check in Tab.
- 2. Enter PNR/Booking Ref and last name in the fields.
- 3. Now select passenger seat or check-in through auto assigned seat.
- 4. Lastly, after reading about goods and articles you can or cannot carry, select your seat.
Q. Mention the name of the aircraft used by Air India?
A: Currently, Air India has A320, A321 and A320 neo aircraft for domestic destinations. For international destinations, Air India has wide-body aircraft like Boeing 777-200LR, Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 747-400 and Boeing 787-8.
Q. Does Air India flights provide free food to the passengers?
A: Yes, Air India flights provide free food to the passengers.
Q. What is Air India’s baggage limit?
A: Air India’s baggage limit is 25 kg for checked-in luggage and 8kg for hand luggage.
Q. How much does a passenger pay for extra luggage in Air India flight?
A: A passenger has to pay Rs.500 plus GST per kg for extra luggage in an Air India flight.
Q. What is Air India’s cancellation fee?
A: Air India’s cancellation fee varies with each destination, and the number of days left for the departure of the booked flight.
Q. What are the list of items not allowed by Air India in checked baggage?
A: The following items are prohibited by Air India: Firearms and ammunition. Explosives, flammable or non-inflammable gas and refrigerated gas.
Q. What is process to check Air India flight status?
A: To check Air India flight status, follow these simple steps:
- 1. Log onto the Air India flight status
- 2. Fill up the field by providing your flight code and the date of the journey
- 3. Now enter the departing and arriving destination.
- 4. Next enter your date of travel and flight No.
- 5. Click the button ‘search’ to generate the latest information on the ‘Flight Status’ of your flight.