Had you asked for anything else, IRCTC would have granted you that wish as well. In a recent update, IRCTC has come up with the option of changing the boarding station online. It’s important to note that you can make use of the facility only for tickets booked online (e-tickets).
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be done:
- Login to IRCTC with your credentials.
- Click on the “Booking Ticket History (New)” option.
- The moment you click on the above option, you’ll be redirected to the page where you booked your train ticket. Select the train for which you want to change the boarding point (radio button). Make sure you check the date and train before revising the boarding station to avoid any hassle.
- Next, click on the “Change Boarding Point” button.
- You’ll be redirected to the concerned page where you can see and modify your train details.
- From the drop down menu under “Change Boarding Point” section, select “New Boarding Station” to make the required changes (timings, arrival, departure, etc.).
- Once done, your changes will be recorded and applied to the train ticket details.
Things to remember:
- You would be able to change the boarding point only once.
- You won’t be allowed to change your boarding point, in case your ticket is seized.
- Only passengers with e-tickets would be eligible for the same, that too, 24 hours before the departure of the scheduled ticket.
- Once your boarding point has been changed, you won’t be able to board the train from the original boarding point.
- Boarding point change is not allowed for the following — current booking ticket, i-Ticket, PNR and VIKALP option.