In the wake of a rising number of COVID-19 cases in India, the Indian Railways is not only taking measures to maintain hygienic travel conditions but also providing facilities for the comfort of its passengers.
हिंदी में पढ़ें
Here are some of the major updates by Railways:
1. Railways ran about 4500 Shramik trains in order to move 75 lakh migrants to their destined places.
Serving the people, Railways ran about 4,500 Shramik trains to move 75 lakh migrants.
Every single railway employee was on the job throughout.
I would like to express my deep appreciation to the Railway employees: @PiyushGoyal
— Piyush Goyal Office (@PiyushGoyalOffc) June 22, 2020
2. On Tuesday, the Central government said that 50,000 ‘Made-in-India’ ventilators will be supplied to the government-run COVID hospitals across India.
‘YES’ to Make in India & ‘NO’ to COVID-19: 50,000 Made in India Ventilators will by supplied across COVID Government hospitals in all States/UTs under PM CARES Fund to fight the pandemic.
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) June 23, 2020
3. Railways’ innovative step to provide COVID care in coaches is helping many patients across the country. 59 suspected patients in Varanasi were admitted to Mau Junction COVID care coaches.
Railways’ innovative step to provide COVID-19 care in coaches has been initiated. 59 suspected patients admitted in Mau Junction in Varanasi division and 8 have already been discharged. We remain committed to doing whatever it takes to help India fight pandemic. pic.twitter.com/m9A8Ysswt7
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) June 22, 2020
4. In a unique initiative against COVID-19 infection by Sabarmati, Coaching Depot of Western Railway, any type of document/file, etc. are being sanitized by the ultraviolet sanitizing machine.
पश्चिम रेलवे के कोचिंग डिपो,साबरमती द्वारा कोरोना संक्रमण से बचाव की दिशा में एक अनोखी पहल ।
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) June 23, 2020
5. A thermal scanner machine has now been installed at Bhopal railway station which will not only measure the temperature of the passenger but will also play sirens if the passenger isn’t wearing a mask.
भोपाल स्टेशन पर कोरोना संक्रमण से सुरक्षा के तहत यदि यात्री बिना मास्क के स्टेशन पर प्रवेश करेंगे तो बजने लगेगा सायरन । @RailMinIndia @gmwcrailway @BhopalDivision @drmkota @drmjabalpur pic.twitter.com/NuiPjoo3jS
— CPRO West Central Railway (@wc_railway) June 23, 2020
Indian Railways is taking several steps to prevent the COVID-19 virus infection from spreading and making the journey even safer and far more comfortable.