Indian Railways has a new feature of ‘Rail Ticket Transfer’ for the convenience of its passengers. This rule allows passengers to transfer their ticket (reservation) to another person. A passenger, who has booked a ticket but cannot travel on that date, can now transfer his/her ticket to a blood relative. However, this facility is available to Government servants, marriage parties, students and family members at the moment.
Rules of Transfer of a Booked Ticket
- Transfer request of a ticket could be made only once.
- The application for Transfer request must be sent at least 24 hours before scheduled departure of the train.
- In the case of a marriage party, rail tickets can be transferred to other members of the party. The head of the marriage party has to make a request for ticket transfer at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
- A Government official can transfer the ticket to another Government official on duty.
Process of Transfer of a Booked Ticket
- The person, in whose name the ticket is booked, must submit the application of a request for ticket transfer to the station manager/chief reservation supervisor.
- The applicant must carry proof of relationship with the person he/she wants the tickets transferred to.
- Xerox copies of ration card, voter I-Card, bank passbook, etc. are accepted as proof.
- The station manager/chief reservation supervisor will then make changes to the rail ticket according to the application if the transfer request is granted.
- The station manager/chief reservation supervisor will make manual changes in the existing ticket, no new ticket will be given.
The manual changes made in the ticket will be reflected in the reservation chart prepared during the departure of the train, so that passengers do not face any inconvenience.