Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman announced a number of important points for Railway Budget 2019.
हिंदी में पढ़ें…
Indian Railways’ passengers can look forward to faster, more punctual and most importantly, safer trains with Railway Budget 2019.
Sitharaman said, “The railway infrastructure needs an investment of Rs 50 lakh crores between 2018 and 2030. PPPs (Public- Private Partnership) will unleash development in the railways’ sector”
Here are the 7 major highlights of Railway Budget 2019:
1. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said, “As part of the Railway Budget 2019, the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model will be introduced in Indian Railways for faster development, rolling stock manufacturing and also the delivery of freight.”
2. For the betterment and decongestion of the railway network, inland waterways will be extensively developed.
3. In Railway Budget 2019, no train fare hike or changes in train fares are announced along expected lines.
Planning a trip? Book Tickets Here
4. Under ‘Make in India, the National Transporter is hoping to manufacture a number of world-class trains with the help of the transfer of technology.
5. Railway Budget 2019 is focussed on safety to avoid train accidents and unexpected incidents. Also, the installation of CCTVs on all stations and inside trains is being considered.
6. Finance Minister said that Dedicated Freight Corridors will mitigate the congestion of the railway network. DFCs are an important and big-ticket railway project that will improve freight movement.
7. Nirmala Sitharaman announced that a massive railway station redevelopment programme will be launched by Indian Railways this year.