To fight the expensive stays and accommodations, Japan introduced capsule hotels aka pod hotels in 1979. The idea was to provide cheap, overnight stay to budget friendly travelers. An ideal choice for people that seek basic amenities without burning a hole in their pockets such as television, free wireless connection, and an electronic console.
Mumbai is one of the most expensive cities in India to live in. With its crazy price-hike and crammed infrastructure, Shalabh Mittal and Hiren Gandhi decided to recreate their pod-hotel experience from Singapore.
Urbanpod is a hassle-free hotel service that caters to the need of smart travelers. It is designed by Singapore’s leading architecture firm, Formwekz.
There are 140 pods with different rooms such as suite pods for couples, private pods, and an exclusive women-only pod. Each compound shares bathroom facilities to consume minimal area space and conserve resources. The pod-hotel has a dining area as well as complimentary breakfast service.
You can now enjoy your stay in Mumbai with these minimalist amenities at the price of Rs. 2,030 per night;
– Air conditioning- Personal locker with secure keycard access
– Personal locker with secure keycard access- Television
– Television- Smoke detector and fire extinguisher
– Smoke detector and fire extinguisher
– Power socket with 2 USB ports
– Free Wi-fi
– Air purifier
– Sliding door with locking facility
– Dresser with hangers and wall mirror.
The hotel is only 4.4km away from Mumbai airport with attractive tariff rates.
Book your stay: Urbanpod