Do you often commute via New Delhi Railway Station? Here is a good news for you!
Indian Railways under its redevelopment of the railway stations initiative has upgraded NDLS (New Delhi Railway Station). Along with the beautification of the station building, a number of high-end facilities and amenities have been added for the comfort of the passengers.
Here are some of the significant changes —
1. A new pre-paid auto-taxi booth and restroom for auto-taxi drivers have been provided.
2. The station will now have a new modern “pay and use” toilet block (BOT model), stainless steel benches, RO water supply, beautified concourse hall, new washable aprons at platforms, etc.
3. The station exteriors have been revamped with new colours scheme as well as LED lighting.
4. Space for parking along with pick-up and drop-off spots have been reserved for all modes.
5. Traffic marshals have been deployed to regulate the traffic and to prevent unauthorized parking/vending/encroachments in the station’s circulating area.
6. The entire circulating area of the station has been renovated with high-quality concrete roads with multiple lanes, efficient drainage and state-of-the-art LED signages.
The government has done its bit, let’s do ours by keeping the station clean. 🙂
Image Credit: MenXp