For booking tatkal tickets, IRCTC has introduced a set of new rules. Also, to help travellers during the peak travel season, Indian Railways has made a provision for online booking of Tatkal tickets.
हिंदी में पढ़ें
So, let’s take a quick look to understand the new rules by IRCTC:
1) Booking for AC Tatkal tickets will start from 10 AM and non-AC Tatkal tickets will begin from 11 AM.
Note: Remember to book the ticket a day before the actual date of travel.
2) The passenger can claim a full refund of fare and tatkal charges if the train is more than 3 hours late.
3) A passenger can claim a complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges if the train’s route is diverted and the passenger doesn’t want to travel on that route.
4) In case a train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route, then a passenger can claim a full refund.
5) A full refund will be provided if he/she is accommodated in lower class and doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class. However, if the passenger agrees to travel in the lower class, he/she will be refunded the difference of fare along with the difference of Tatkal charges.
6) A passenger can claim a full refund if the coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been provided is detached from the train and the passenger is not offered accommodation in the same class.