Torrential rains have come lashing Mumbai, Thane, Palghar, Raigad and other parts of Maharashtra for the fourth consecutive day on Tuesday. This has severely affected the everyday life. Trains and flights services have also been affected in Mumbai. The city recorded 297.6mm rain in 9 hours, between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM. This is higher than any 24-hour rain in August in a decade. The weather forecast shows heavy rainfall for the next 24 hours as well.
The incessant downpour has paralysed local trains and bus services in Mumbai, leading the state government and civic authorities to announce a high alert in many areas. Various parts of Western Railway’s Mumbai Division are waterlogged, as a result of which many long distance trains have been cancelled.
Here’s a list of cancelled, diverted and short-terminated trains –
- 11014 Coimbatore-LTT Express JCO 30.08.17 is cancelled.
- 11042 Chennai Central-CSMT Express JCO 30.08.17 is cancelled.
- 12168 Varanasi-LTT Express JCO 30.08.17 is cancelled.
- 01446 Karmali-CSMT Special JCO 30.08.2017 is cancelled.
- 17318 LTT-Hubli Express JCO 30.08.07 from Panvel
- 17032 Hyderabad-CSMT Express JCO 29.08.17 will be short terminated at Pune & will work as 17031 CSMT-Hyderabad Express JCO 30.08.17 Ex Pune.
- 11094 Varanasi-CSMT Mahanagari Express JCO 30.08.17 will be diverted via Jalgaon-Vasai Road.
- 11012 HS Nanded-LTT Express JCO 31.08.17 will remain cancelled.