To carry out pre-monsoon maintenance activities, Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is closed for 6 hours between 11 am to 5 pm for today and tomorrow.
1. Work is being carried out on the intersection of cross runways (09/27 and 14/32).
2. The operations are closed for two days i.e., Monday and Tuesday between 11 am to 5 pm.
3. More than 100 flights to and from Mumbai have been cancelled.
4. Many flights have been rescheduled to another time slot.
5. This airport serves as the primary base of Jet Airways and a bulk of its operations are carried out from here.
6. Approximately 70 Jet Airways and 18 SpiceJet flights have been cancelled.
As per a tweet from the authorities, “The main runway will be unoperational on 9th and 10th April from 11am to 5pm for pre-monsoon maintenance. Kindly check with your airline to reconfirm your flight schedule”.