The festival of lights is finally here! And, it’s that time of the year again when one would be able to recollect all the fond memories Diwali brings with it. Tucked away in a corner of our hearts, these memories make us smile, every time we recall them.
Here are some unforgettable Diwali memories which we still cherish:
1. Putting up lights with your siblings and parents around the house to make sure every corner wished you happy Diwali, is one of the fondest memory growing up..
2. Travelling was the agenda! Local, though. Visiting friends and relatives to give them gifts was a daily task. 20 more to go! (gift distribution) 😀
3. Who all constantly looked at their watches for the Diwali pooja to get over so they could go out and burn crackers with friends? Well, I definitely did!
4. Teen Patti, bluff, rummy–Diwali, meant the onset of the cards season, and it still very much does!
5. Chalo, Chalo Ghar ki safai mein lag jao, ek hafta hi bacha sirf aur itna saara kaam”. This dialogue by your mother would only remind you of the fact that Diwali is around the corner.
6. Opening gifts meant stacking up countless boxes of dry fruits. Yes, Diwali pretty much meant this.!
Diwali always brings us closer to such fond memories. Buying crackers with our dads or making rangolis with our family wasn’t a big thing then, but it has now become our most precious memories, we will always cherish for a lifetime. So, don’t wait up! It is time that you relive these memories and visit your home if you stay away or have not celebrated this festival for a long time with your closed ones.