Consider yourself lucky if you are a frequent train traveller. If you go by the following rules is when you would be able to avail the 50% discount offered by the Indian Railways.
Read on to find out more:
- You must be a senior citizen in case you are submitting the form to IRCTC. Make sure to attach the required document.
- Men above 60 years of age are considered senior citizens. If you are above the required age, you can avail 50% on train fares.
- Women above 58 years of age are considered senior citizens. If you are above the required age, you can avail 50% on train fare.
Note: It’s important to note that you will get a rebate of only 40% of the base fare in both the conditions.
- It’s important to select the option in the IRCTC form to get the rebate.
- Ensure to produce important documents like birth certificate, driving license, educational qualification certificate, and passport (basically, certificates issued by an educational institution, government authority, or municipal corporation).
- The certificate must mention your date of birth so that your exact age can be ascertained.
- Make sure to mention in the form if you are a senior citizen. Don’t forget to mention if you are ill and being accompanied by a doctor, in case you are.