Established in 2013 as a collaboration between Tata Sons Private Limited and AirAsia Aviation Group Limited, AirAsia India is one of the most popular carriers. Connecting 18 domestic destinations, AirAsia India also offers hassle-free web check-in option to its customers. One can choose their seat as well as download the boarding pass before reaching the airport, thanks to this option. Owing to the web check-in, AirAsia India is a customer favourite.
Now get up to 15% off on flights; use coupon code “DEAL”.Search flights
The AirAsia web check-in feature is easy to use and a big time saver. Flyers can use it from 14 days to one hour prior to their flight’s scheduled departure. There are, however, some exceptions for availing the AirAsia web check-in service: unaccompanied minors (aged 12–16), pregnant passengers or those with infants, and flyers in need of special assistance are required to check in at the airport.
For more information, you can visit AirAsia India’s website.
How can I do AirAsia web check-in?
To complete the AirAsia web check-in process, follow these steps:
- To complete your web check-in on AirAsia flights, go to the airline’s website.
- Enter the PNR or the Booking Reference Number and the name/email/mobile number of the passenger(s).
- If you don’t have the PNR/Booking Reference Number, the AirAsia website allows you to do the web check-in by submitting other details (Departure Date, From, To).
- Click “Get Itinerary” and select the seat(s) of your choosing on the next screen.
- Click any other options that apply (like Excess Baggage) and complete the process.
What is Web Check-In?
Thanks to the internet and technology, flyers can avail the feature of Web Check-In and save time as well as hassle. This feature allows passengers to select a seat of their choice and download the boarding pass on their devices in the comfort of their homes. This means that unless you have check-in luggage, you can directly head to the security gates at the airport and don’t have to wait in the airline counters’ queues to check-in.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is AirAsia web check-in?
The web check-in feature offered by AirAsia is a hassle-free time saver that lets you choose your seat as well as download the boarding pass before reaching the airport. This allows you to directly head to the security gates at the airport and avoid long queues at the airlines counters.
2. When can I do the web check-in for AirAsia?
The AirAsia web check-in feature is open for flyers from 14 days to one hour prior to their flight’s scheduled departure.
3. Are there any restrictions for using the AirAsia web check-in option?
Yes, flyers falling under the following categories are required to check-in at the airport:
- unaccompanied minors (aged 12–16),
- pregnant passengers,
- passengers with infants (eight days old or less), and
- passengers in need of special assistance.
3. Can I change my seat after doing web check-in in AirAsia?
A seat change is possible but AirAsia might charge an additional fee so it’s advisable to check with the airline before proceeding.
4. What things are to be kept in mind after completing web check-in in AirAsia?
Here are some things to be kept in mind after completing web check-in in AirAsia:
- Check the AirAsia website and make sure that you don’t carry any restricted items.
- Be mindful of the prevailing COVID-19 guidelines and follow the protocols in place.
- Check the baggage allowances offered by AirAsia and prepare your luggage accordingly.
- Reach the airport 1-2 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight even if you have done the web check-in.