IRCTC Live Train Running Status
IRCTC Live Train Running Status is a system created by the Indian Railways that allows passengers to easily track their train's exact location, making it a convenient method to locate your train.
To spot your train, you simply have to enter the five-digit train number or the name of the train in the 'Train Running Status’ form. Select the date of journey from the source railway station. This will display the arrival and departure time of your train for your boarding railway station. Get additional details on Indian railways trains like info on real-time delays, boarding platform number, and last-reported location.
How To Check Train Running Status?
ixigo offers a seamless way to track the live running status of Indian Railways trains online. With precise GPS tracking, passengers can access real-time information on the train's location, estimated arrival and departure times, anticipated delays, and likely platform numbers, ensuring travellers stay well-informed throughout their journey.
Here are the steps:
- Download the ixigo app
- Open and tap on Running Status and enter IRCTC Train Number/Train Name
- Click on Search for your IRCTC Train Status
- You will now see your train's live location
You can also check the running status on the home screen of the ixigo trains app. Simply tap on Running Status to get started.
Things to Know Before Checking Train Running Status Online
To track IRCTC Train Running Status, passengers need to have the below mandatory details:
- Date of Journey (DOJ): This can be found on the ticket or in the text message received after booking. This date is when the passenger should board the train.
- Train Number and Name: This is a unique five-digit number assigned to each train.
- Source and Destination Station Names: The passenger must know about the source and destination station names. A source station is where the train begins its journey, while the destination station is its final stop.
Where is My Train - Spot Your Train Online
If you ever find yourself asking, "Where is my train?", ixigo has you covered. With its live train tracker, you can easily track IRCTC train status and locate your train.
Below are the additional information, you get to know:
- Total distance (in km) to be covered by the train from origin to destination.
- Platform numbers for boarding at each station.
- Estimated arrival/departure times at all stations, plus any delays.
- The total number of scheduled halts, and the duration of each.
- The distance (in km) between each scheduled halt.
- All intermediate stations to be crossed without any halts.
Train live running status is a system created by the Indian Railways to track the exact location of a passenger train.
Train Running Status on Mobile App:
- Check Live Train Status on your mobile
- Get flat ₹50 ixigo money on checking Indian Railways Running Status on ixigo trains app
- Share your live train status with other people on WhatsApp or SMS or any other social media platform.
This is made possible by the National Train Enquiry System, which accomplishes train tracking live and shares their data with websites, helplines, mobile apps, railway enquiry counters and display boards at stations.
Next time when you do train ticket booking (or tatkal ticket booking), use ixigo money to save on tickets.
Once you have checked the running status of your train, you can also make a PNR status enquiry. On ixigo, you can also check seat availability in your train.
NTES (National Train Enquiry System)
What is NTES?
NTES stands for National Train Enquiry System. Managed by the Indian Railways, it is a system to help travellers get real-time information about train schedules. It includes features like Spot your Train, Live Station, Train Schedule, Cancelled Trains, Rescheduled Trains, Diverted trains, and Trains between Stations. Know more here.
Live train tracker is extremely useful as it provides the real-time location of a train. Here are the different ways you can use this system:
- Check the train schedule for a selected date using the Train Schedule tab.
- Use Exceptional Trains > Rescheduled Trains to know of changes in timings or dates.
- Go to Exceptional Trains > Diverted Trains to know of recent diversions.
- Try Exceptional Trains > Cancelled Trains to know of any terminated trips.
- Visit the Train Between Stations tab to know all the operational trains between two stations. You can filter using 25 train types.
- Tap on the Live Station tab to check all the trains going from one station to another within the next 2-8 hours.