IRCTC Live Train Running Status
In the 'Train Running Status’ form, simply enter the five-digit train number or the name of the train. Select the date of journey from the source railway station. This will display the arrival and departure time of your train for your boarding railway station. Get additional details on Indian railways trains like info on real-time delays, boarding platform number, and last-reported location.
Additional Info on Live Running Status:
- Total distance (in km) to be covered by the train from origin to destination.
- Platform numbers for boarding at each station.
- Estimated arrival/departure times at all stations, plus any delays.
- The total number of scheduled halts, and the duration of each.
- The distance (in km) between each scheduled halt.
- All intermediate stations to be crossed without any halts.
Live train status is a system created by the Indian Railways to track the exact location of a passenger train. One of the easiest and fastest ways to spot your train, it also provides the expected arrival time, the names of upcoming stations, and the expected departure time. This real-time tracking of GPS-enabled IRCTC trains has made travel more convenient.
Train Running Status on Mobile App:
- Check Live Train Status on your mobile
- Get flat ₹50 ixigo money on checking train running status on ixigo trains app
- Share your train’s live status with other people on WhatsApp or SMS or any other social media platform.
This is made possible by the National Train Enquiry System (NTES), which tracks train movements and shares their data with websites, helplines, mobile apps, railway enquiry counters and display boards at stations.
Next time when you do train ticket booking (or tatkal ticket booking), use ixigo money to save on tickets.
Once you have checked the running status of your train, you can also make a PNR status enquiry. On ixigo, you can also check seat availability in your train.
NTES (National Train Enquiry System)
What is NTES?
NTES stands for National Train Enquiry System. Managed by the Indian Railways, it is a system to help travellers get real-time information about train schedules. It includes features like Spot your Train, Live Station, Train Schedule, Cancelled Trains, Rescheduled Trains, Diverted trains, and Trains between Stations. Know more here.
As you can tell, live train tracking is useful as it gives you the real-time location of a train, leaving the guesswork out of your travel plans. Whether you’re directly using the NTES train enquiry, or logging into the ixigo trains app, knowing the running status will help you plan a hassle-free journey.
Here are the different ways you can use the NTES:
- Check the train schedule for a selected date using the Train Schedule tab.
- Use Exceptional Trains > Rescheduled Trains to know of changes in timings or dates.
- Go to Exceptional Trains > Diverted Trains to know of recent diversions.
- Try Exceptional Trains > Cancelled Trains to know of any terminated trips.
- Visit the Train B/w Stations tab to know all the operational trains between two stations. You can filter using 25 train types.
- Tap on the Live Station tab to check all the trains going from one station to another within the next 2–8 hours.
Train Running Status FAQs
Q. What is Live Train Running Status?
Q. How do I check the train running status online or on app?
To check it on a browser, click on the link and follow these steps:
- Enter IRCTC Train Number or Train Name.
- Click on Search for your Train Status.
- You will now see your train's live location.
You can also check the running status on the home screen of the ixigo trains app. Simply tap on Running Status to get started.