The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus rose to 1965 today. According to the Union Health Ministry, the death toll rose to 50.
On a positive note, 151 people have recovered.
Critical coronavirus updates from around the country:
- The massive increase in the number of cases is being linked to the controversial religious gathering held at the Markaz Nizamuddin in Delhi.
- 389 people connected to Nizamuddin meet have tested positive.
- In Andhra Pradesh, positive COVID-19 cases have increased to 132 with 21 new cases.
- Prime Minister Modi is holding a video meeting with Chief Ministers of all states to discuss the COVID-19 situation in India.
- Air India will run a special charter flight to London for foreigners stranded in India.
- Jammu & Kashmir is running an aggressive contact tracing campaign to contain the spread of coronavirus.
- The number of cases in India has increased from 1000 to 2000 in four days.
We request our readers to follow all the necessary precautions during this time. Stay home, stay safe!