India has sent a team of 88 doctors and nurses to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to support them in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
In a similar move, the UAE also sent an aircraft full of medical supplies to help India deal with the coronavirus outbreak.
Other steps India has taken to help countries around the world:
- Earlier, India deployed a Rapid Response Team of medical professionals to Kuwait and Maldives.
- India is sending humanitarian aid including pharmaceutical items such as Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) & paracetamol, to SAARC countries, Mauritius and Seychelles.
- India has also dispatched medicines and healthcare supplies to 25 African countries.
- India has gifted 23 tonnes of essential medicines to Nepal to fight coronavirus.
- India has sent Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to several countries as gifts as well as on a commercial basis.