Hundreds of IRCTC special trains have been restored recently. While most services are scheduled to run normally, there are a handful of timetable changes for July that passengers should be aware of.
These changes include train diversions, revised arrival/departure timings, and the addition of stoppages on certain routes.
Pay zero service charge on your first train booking with ixigo:
Know more below:
1. The South Central Railway will be diverting nine trains from July 4 to July 8 due to a traffic block in the Vijayawada Division. Several stoppages will be removed from important routes like Tirupati–Adilabad, Vijayawada–Sainagar Shirdi and Howrah–Hyderabad during this period.
You can check the affected trains and their diverted routes here.
2. Five long-distance trains will be diverted via New Cooch Behar–Golakganj Jn–Fakiragram Jn due to safety-related railway works planned by the Northeast Frontier Railway. More details here:
— Northeast Frontier Railway (@RailNf) July 1, 2021
3. Six special trains connecting high-rush stations like New Delhi, Chhapra, Ahmedabad and Lokmanya Tilak Terminus have started to run with earlier arrival and departure timings from July. See the official notice here:
This is notified for the information of all concerned that to meet the operational requirements, the timings of the following
special trains will be revised w.e.f. 01.07.2021 instead of 26.06.2021 as notified earlier:- pic.twitter.com/9DInMkaBw3
— Northern Railway (@RailwayNorthern) June 25, 2021
4. Train no. 02685 (MGR Chennai Central–Mangaluru Central SF Special) has new timings. It will depart from Chennai at 4.20 pm instead of 5 pm, and will reach Mangaluru at 7.10 am instead of 9 am. This change is already in effect. To know the complete schedule, tap here.
5. The East Coast Railway has added additional stoppages for 11 trains connecting Puri with Gandhidham, Ahmedabad, Ajmer and Okha. See the new halt stations here:
— East Coast Railway (@EastCoastRail) June 30, 2021
Make sure to check your destination’s train travel guidelines here before making any bookings. We hope you have a safe trip!