Tejas Express may soon become the first train to be run by private operators. Lucknow-Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express is the train that is being considered for Indian Railways experimental initiative.
हिंदी में पढ़ें
This motive behind this move is to test private sector participation in the running of trains. Indian Railways has drawn a 100-day roadmap for the national transporter and bringing private passenger train operators to provide world-class services is a part of it.
Want to book a train ticket? Click here
Key Features of Lucknow-Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express:
– Aircraft-like personalised LCD entertainment-cum-information screens
– Onboard Wi-Fi
– Mobile charging points along with personalised reading lights
– Modular bio-toilets with sensor-based tap fittings
– Attendant calling buttons
– Windows with automatic blinds
– LED lighting, CCTVs
– Automatic interconnecting doors
– Automatic entry and exit doors
According to a senior railway official, “The custody of the train will be transferred to IRCTC, which in turn will draw up a plan to rope in private operators for onboard services.”