Delhi metro is the heart of the capital. Throughout the years, it has developed and turned into a standout amongst the most fundamental parts of daily chores for people who live in Delhi. Had it not been for Delhi Metro, the everyday battle to reach office would have been way different, difficult and severe.
- The first train which is capable of running sans driver is here in India.
- These trains are specially crafted with scrupulous attention to details in Changwan,South Korea. A part of this project has been given to Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) plant in Bengaluru.
- Initially, these trains will run on Line 7 – Majlish Park-Shiv Vihar (58.596km) and Line 8- Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden (38.235km).
- On an average, this train will accommodate 2,280 passengers- 240 more than the regular six coach metro train.
- By the end of 2016, these metros will be wooshing around the city.
If only you asked for more, here’s something more adding to your delight; Rajiv Chowk, Kashmere Gate, Vishwavidyalaya, Central Secretariat and Hauz Khas are the first five metro stations to receive WIFI network very soon.
This is an unequivocal achievement and without a doubt an enthralling one.