Airports in India are following all guidelines and safety measures to ensure a secure experience for travellers.
As a part of precautionary measures, thermal scanners have been installed at all airports. Passengers are expected to download the Arogya Setu app, which will help the government in contact tracing in case of infections.
Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi) has completely transformed itself to avoid any commotion. Some of the steps the airport has taken include:
- Luggage sanitisation process
- Drinking water facilities that previously had to be operated by hand is now replaced by a push by leg mechanism to avoid any contacts.
- At the boarding gates, chairs are marked for non-usage to ensure social distancing.
Planning to travel? Please follow all precautions!Book Flights
Watch this video to know more about the safety protocols being followed at the Delhi Airport.
Similarly, authorities at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (Mumbai) are also taking various steps to ensure a safe environment for passengers. For example:
- Constant sanitisation of the airport lounge
- Sanitised taxis.
- Taxi drivers are temperature screened.
Watch this video to find out more about the hygiene and safety practices for passengers and employees at the Mumbai airport.
Additionally, the Bangalore airport has adopted an innovative ‘parking to boarding contactless system’.
As domestic travel has resumed, all Indian airports are working towards creating a safe travel experience for all passengers.