This year, Indian Railways has achieved a milestone in passengers’ safety and security.
From more passenger-friendly services to the best-ever safety measurements, here are the major accomplishments by Railways:
1. Indian Railways has registered a new safety record with zero passenger fatalities between April 2019 and February 2020.
Planning a Trip?
2. Renewal of railway tracks, proper training of Railway staff, strict monitoring of security aspects, signalling system, etc. have been undertaken improvement.
3. The first Railway Commando Battalion ‘CORAS’ to be deployed in Naxal-hit areas, J&K and NE.
4. To ensure passenger safety, Railways is providing Videos Surveillance System (VSS) to 31 stations under the South Western Railways.
5. Railways is using modern technology for safety work by switching over to safer LHB coaches in phases from the conventional ICF coaches.