Pay ₹0 Payment Gateway Fees on UPI Payments. Use IRCTC Login
Book train tickets in IRCTC Next Generation System
Follow these simple steps to book railway tickets online in IRCTC Next Generation system:
- Enter your valid IRCTC user ID and password.
- After this, you will be redirected to your account.
- On your screen “Plan Your Trip” page will appear.
- Now choose your train and destination name.
- As per entered information, a list of trains will appear on screen.
- Choose the option for ticket booking.
- Complete the remaining process.
How to register on IRCTC Next Generation eticketing System?
The registration process on the IRCTC next generation e-ticketing system is a smooth one and will just take a few minutes. Here is a step-by-step guide how to register on the new IRCTC website:
- Go to the new IRCTC website (irctc.co.in) and locate the ‘Register’ option at the top right hand corner of the page.
- By clicking on the Register option, an Individual Registration page will be displayed on your screen.
- Now enter a username, password and also confirm the password.
- Move to the next step by choosing a suitable security question from the drop-down list and also submit a security answer for that.
- Now, choose the preferred language between English and Hindi.
- Moving on to the next section of Personal Details, enter your name as per Aadhaar in order to avail Aadhaar-based benefits on the IRCTC website. For example, if your IRCTC ID is linked to your Aadhaar card, you can book up to 12 train tickets in a month.
- Now, choose your gender and enter your date of birth.
- From the drop-down list, select your type of occupation.
- Now, choose your marital status and country.
- Enter your valid email id and your mobile number.
- From the drop-down list, choose your nationality and proceed to the next section – Residential Address
- Enter your full address along with pin code, state, city/town, post office and phone number.
- There is also an option available to copy residence to office Address.
- Now, enter the captcha and review all the details entered by you.
- After reviewing all the information filled by you, tick on the Terms & Conditions option and click on the Register option.
Once the registration is complete, you can choose among many facilities such as online ticket booking, ticket cancellation, claim refund etc. Book special seasonal packages aboard luxury trains, international holiday packages, domestic pilgrimage tours, or land/rail packages.
IRCTC Next Generation Features
- Check train seat availability without logging in: Users can now enquire about or search for trains on a particular route, check where is your train and check the train seat availability across various travel classes without having to login, therefore saving their time.
- Waitlist prediction: Check PNR status prediction and confirmation. This next generation eticketing feature tells you if wait list or Reservation Against Cancellation (RAC) tickets get confirmed on the basis of historical booking trends.
- ‘Vikalp’ for your route: The IRCTC next generation website has a ‘Vikalp’ feature, wherein the passengers can choose to be transferred to an alternate train of their choice which is departing between 30 minutes and 72 hours from the scheduled departure of the original train. However, their boarding and terminating stations might change to nearby cluster stations.
- New filters: Find your booked tickets faster with the all-new filters of the next generation website, visible under the ‘My Transactions’ section. Using these new filters, users can view their booked tickets based on the journey date, check train running status, booking date, upcoming journeys and completed journeys.
- Increase in ticket booking limit by linking Aadhaar: Users who link their Aadhaar numbers with their NextGenIRCTC login account have the advantage of booking up to 12 tickets in a month, as opposed to users who do not have their Aadhaar linked and can therefore book up to Twelve tickets in a month.
- Facility to cancel counter-booked tickets online: With more and more people booking and cancelling train tickets online, the next generation IRCTC website now allows users to cancel their counter-booked train tickets online.
- Easy payment process: The users can manage the payment option by marking 6 banks as preferred banks, and use these methods for ticket booking on IRCTC next generation system.
Existing IRCTC account holders
The existing IRCTC accounts are moved automatically onto the new IRCTC Next Generation site. For this, a user doesn’t have to create a new ID.
How to set your password in IRCTC Next Generation System?
To set your password for the IRCTC next generation e-ticket system, follow the given steps-
- Go to the new IRCTC website.
- Then, locate the ‘Register’ option at the top right hand corner of the page. This will lead to an Individual Registration page.
- Now enter your username, password and also confirm the password.
- Passwords must contain a minimum of 8 characters including one capital letter with at least a number.
- Use a new email ID which has never been used before in IRCTC
- You should also verify your email with IRCTC so that all notifications related to your IRCTC account will be sent to your email ID.
FAQs on IRCTC Next Generation E-Ticketing System
>Can I travel without a printout of e-ticket?
Paperless tickets can be downloaded specifically from the application. There is no printed version required while travelling.
>How do I know if my e-ticket in the next generation is confirmed?
With a ticket PNR number, you can check your reservation status in next generation’s user interface.
>How many days before train tickets can be booked in the next generation system?
Advance reservations are made generally up to 120 days in advance for all classes and all trains. The period of advance reservation (ARP) is exclusive of the day of departure of the train.