Colours, Culture and Royalty – This is what you witness when you visit Kumbhalgarh Fort during the celebration of legacy and arts known as ‘Kumbhalgarh Classical Dance Festival’.
One of the most prominent forts of Rajasthan, Kumbhalgarh was constructed by Rana Kumbha in the 15th century. It is located at a distance of 105 km from Udaipur in Rajsamand district.
To showcase Kumbhalgarh’s glorious history and rich culture, Rajasthan Tourism Board organizes this grand event every year at the Fort. During this event, this place becomes a hub of artists, musicians and dancers from across the country.
Date: 1st December – 3rd December 2018
Venue: Kumbhalgarh Fort
How to Reach:
- The nearest airport to Kumbhalgarh is Dabok airport, Udaipur. It’s a 2-hour drive from there.
- The nearest railway station is Falna railway station. It is well-connected to the major cities of Rajasthan.
- You can also take buses of Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation (RSRTC) or can book a private taxi to reach Kumbhalgarh.
- Turban Tying Competition: Often referred to as the symbol of pride and honour in Rajasthan, turban tying is a tradition followed on every auspicious occasion. An exciting turban tying competition for Indians as well as foreign tourists is held at Kumbhalgarh Festival.
- Puppet Shows: An age-old tradition of storytelling, Rajasthani puppetry shows are a sight to behold. Beautiful handmade dolls dressed up in colourful clothes are used to entertain tourists at the Kumbhalgarh Festival.
- Souvenir Stalls: Kumbhalgarh Festival boasts of a number of stalls offering beautiful souvenirs showing Rajasthan’s art and craft. Be it miniature paintings, carpets, pottery, jewellery, gemstones, puppets, metal crafts or traditional juttis – this is where you’ll find them all!
- Folk and Classical Dance Performances: During these 3 days, many skilled and graceful folk and classical dancers come together to perform at one place. Tourists get to see a variety of folk dance forms such as Kalbeliya, Langa, Ghoomar, Chari, Kachhi Ghodi and also classical dance forms like Odissi, Bharatnatyam, etc. in their purest form.
- Classical and Folk Music Concerts: At night-time, the whole fort is illuminated with lights and all the trained singers, musicians and artists spread magic with their talents. One can witness the rich cultural traditions and heritage of Kumbhalgarh here.
So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and experience the vibrant and colourful Kumbhalgarh Festival.