The Indian Railways has said that it is mandatory for all passengers travelling in the newly resumed special trains to download the Aarogya Setu mobile app.
Additionally, the government has proposed making the Aarogya Setu app mandatory for all flyers once air travel is resumed in the country.
What is Aarogya Setu app?
Aarogya Setu app is a digital contact tracing app developed as part of the measures to prevent the relapse of coronavirus.
How does it work?
Aarogya Setu app uses Bluetooth and location data of your smartphone to trace your movement and check if you come in contact with a COVID-19 high-risk person.
How to set up the Aarogya Setu App?
Please follow the steps below to for setting up the app:
- Install the application from Play Store or the App Store
- Select your preferred language.
- You will see pages explaining the app and how it works.
- Swipe to read through all the pages
- Tap on the Register Now button
- The app will request you to enable Bluetooth and location settings. You will need both the permissions to proceed.
- Enter your mobile number
- You will receive an OTP on your number which will help you automatically log in the app.
- Users can also enter the OTP manually and proceed.
- Once the registration is complete, users can do a self-assessment test and submit it to the government.
Featured image credit: Aarogya Setu official Facebook page.