Imagine cruising down the road, not a care in the world, music booming in the car- there is nothing like a good old road trip!
What if this road trip also included driving through a tribal reserve, innumerable mangrove forests and white sand beaches while impossibly blue skies follow you everywhere? No, we aren’t dreaming, this trip of a lifetime awaits you in Andamans!
So grab your cameras, get your road trip essentials and get ready to travel like a Roadster!
How to Reach:
Take a flight to the Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair.
Hire a car in Port Blair and begin your journey down the Grand Andaman Trunk Road. This stunning, offbeat road trip will cover Baratang, Rangat, Mayabunder all the way down to Diglipur.
Places to See:
1. Baratang Island: This tropical paradise is 101 km by road from Port Blair. Explore the Jarawa Tribe reserve, catch a ferry to the beautiful limestone caves and marvel at the mud volcanoes.
2. Rangat: Rangat is 61 km from Baratang, and the road is flanked with views of small hills. Camp under the starlit skies of Long Island, sunbathe at the Amkunj Beach and watch turtles breeding at the Dhani Nallah Mangrove Nature Walkway.
3. Mayabunder: Explore like a true Roadster in Mayabunder, 68 km from Rangat. Whether it’s the kaleidoscopic corals at Karmatang Beach or the free-roaming deer at Avis Island, Mayabunder is a hidden paradise in every sense!
4. Diglipur: The home of Andaman’s only river Kalpong, Diglipur is 80 km from Mayabunder. Visit the surreal twin Ross & Smith Islands, trek to the Saddle Peak and enjoy delicious Pomfret Thali.
Watch this new video by Roadster:
1. Travelling through Jarawa Tribe reserve in Baratang is allowed only in convoys, so take care of the timings.
2. Carry refillable water bottles and snacks while visiting Avis Island.
3. Andamans has tropical climate, so make sure to carry sunscreen and flip flops. Don’t forget to shop for lightweight clothing that’s heavy on the fashion quotient here!
4. Avoid going in the waters during high tide.
5. Do obtain the forest permit from Diglipur to visit Ross & Smith Islands.
Best Time to Visit:
Although Andamans is a year-round destination, true Roadsters must take this trip between November and May. Avoid the monsoon season between July and September.
So what are you waiting for? Embrace the Roadster in you and head for this epic adventure!