A holiday with the family is a great way to bond and spend time with one another. As great and fantastic this experience might be, sometimes you feel the need for another vacation to escape all the stress. To help you keep the tension away, we have created a checklist which will make your international travel effortless and pain-free, saving your time and efforts.
– One of the most important pre-trip checks is unarguably travel insurance. It can prove to be of great significance in emergency situations abroad. So while travelling international with family, this should be on top of your checklist.
Tip: Good travel insurance keeps the travellers covered on all fronts including health-related issues, loss of luggage, hotel and flight cancellations, etc. Opt for TATA AIG insurance to ensure great coverage at a reasonable price along with excellent customer service.
– Make sure everyone’s passport in your family has at least six months’ validity.
– Keep a scanned copy of your passport, itinerary, bookings and identity proof on your email. This hack will ensure your safety in case of any theft or mishap.
– For entry, a number of countries require a visa in advance. Check with the websites of the country you plan to visit and apply beforehand.
Planning a Trip? Book Tickets Here:
2. Health and Medication:
– If you or anyone in your family takes regular medication, ensure to keep a sufficient amount for the trip. Also, don’t forget to carry a copy of the prescription in case you need to purchase more while on the vacation.
– Carry a letter from your general physician explaining what exactly the medical condition is. This is important in case the airport security stops you for carrying medicines.
– First aid kit is extremely important, especially when travelling with family. Make sure your kit has plenty of painkillers, antiseptic creams, bandages, indigestion tablets, travel sickness medicine, etc.
Don’t panic in case of any inconvenience or health emergency. Buy travel insurance to ensure a healthy and safe trip.
– A family vacation means a huge possibility of your luggage tipping the airport scales. To avoid this, make sure all your toiletry items are packed in smaller bottles including shampoo, shower gel and conditioner. In case you run out of these, you can always find some at your resort/hotel.
– Other toiletries you must carry include sunblock, lip balm, moisturiser, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.
– Check and double-check if you have packed items like tablets and e-readers (especially for kids), chargers for all devices, plug adaptors and power banks.
– Remember that Wi-Fi might be slow, expensive or completely unavailable at your travel destination. Make sure you download all the music, maps, guides, books, games, films, etc. in advance to keep your whole family entertained. This is a great hack for giving you some ‘me-time’!
– To keep your family entertained during the vacation other than sightseeing; pack a selection of family games, activity books for kids, reading books, pack of cards to liven up evenings, etc.
6. Stay Connected:
– Purchase an international phone plan ahead of time. This will help you ‘unlock’ your phone for making calls through a foreign carrier. You can also buy an international prepaid SIM card or opt for a rental phone option when you reach your destination.
So, next time when you travel abroad with your family, make sure you tick off this checklist for a comfortable and wholesome vacation experience.