To control the spread of COVID-19, West Bengal government has decided to opt for a complete lockdown every two days of the week.
The next lockdown is scheduled for July 29, 2020. Amid the shutdown, both flight and train operations will be affected.
During the total shutdown, strict curbs will be imposed in the state and movement will be restricted. Essential services will continue to be operational.
Planning to reschedule your travel? We can help!Book Trains
The following special trains will be affected due to the lockdown on July 29, 2020.
- New Delhi-Howrah AC special (July 28)
- Howrah-New Delhi AC special (July 29)
- Howrah-Yesvantpur (July 29)
- Yesvantpur-Howrah (July 28)
- Sealdah-New Alipurduar special (July 27 and July 29)
- New Alipurduar-Sealdah special (scheduled to depart from Howrah on July 29)
- Sealdah-Bhubaneswar special (July 27)
- Bhubaneswar-Sealdah special (July 28)
- Howrah-Patna special (July 29)
- Patna-Howrah special (July 29)
- Patna-Shalimar special (July 28)
- Shalimar-Patna special (July 29)
Additionally, Howrah-Mumbai CSMT special will be rescheduled. It will depart from Howrah at 23.10, instead of 20.00 on July 29, 2020. There will be a withdrawal of stoppages on some trains as well.
Here are the official tweets with all the information:
— SouthEasternRailway (@serailwaykol) July 25, 2020
Here’s another tweet from Eastern Railway:
— Eastern Railway (@EasternRailway) July 26, 2020